July 10, 2011

Ward Camp Out!

Can I just say that this was the best ward activity that I have ever been to! Seriously. Brenden and I picked Chris up from work around 6 and headed to Rigby for the Camp Out. We arrived around 6:30 to see a bunch of friends in our ward just kind of hanging out and getting ready for food. We decided to hold off on unpacking our car and getting the tent set up. We had fun just hanging out with friends outside of church. Brenden and I got to hang out with some other babies in the ward that normally we probably wouldn't. Since the Camp Out I'm thinking a lot of these people I would really like to hang out with.

The Bishop made this really awesome Chicken for dinner. It was so yummy and scrumptious! And it was gone like that. We also had some potato salad, baked beans, and homemade root beer. I love love root beer and this stuff was probably the best that I had ever had. So good! After dinner we all got to setting up our tents. We were a little worried since on the hand outs they put on everyones door said tent set up would be at 5 and we got there at 6:30 and there were no tents set up. It was a relief when people started setting up tents after ours was up. We set up out huge 8-person tent and it was awesome. Its got 3 rooms inside so Brenden got his own little room with his play pen. And Chris and I shared the other 2 and blew up our king sized air mattress. Can I just say heaven??? Our bed is super comfy, but there was just so much more room on that air bed and it was so cushy because of the extra blankets and sleeping bags. I wouldn't mind going camping a whole lot this summer.

After tent set-up we all got together and played on the tractors and merry-go-round and roasted marshmallows and played games. It was the best night that we had ever had with out ward. Sure the talent show we had a couple of months ago was a lot of fun, but this was unbelievable and I was so glad that we decided to stay here for the summer and were able to go. Is it too much that I'm secretly wishing we have another one before the summer ends??

SO MUCH FUN!

1 comment: