July 17, 2011

Double Date!

Seriously, Chris and I haven't been on a double date since before Brenden was born. We've only been a few dates since he was born anyways. A baby takes a lot of time and being a new mom sometimes you get scared to leave your baby home with out you, even if you do leave your baby home with a well trusted baby sitter. We love you baby sitter, Sharla. Its just sad that she will be leave this week, and won't be back until January. What are we going to do. We do always have Sara, she's our other baby sitter. She loves Brenden to pieces and she's so great. I feel so blessed to have such great friends that will watch Brenden whenever we need it.

Brenden is such a great baby, especially when he's sick, which has been the case as of lately. I love that baby.

So onto the double date. Chris and I decided we wanted to go to the drive-in and see Cars 2 and Green Lantern. 2 movies, one low price, I think so! We invited our awesome friends, Mike and Melanie. We pretty much do everything with them. We'll be lost when they leave us for California in a few weeks.

We had so much fun at the movies. The movies were great, the company was even better. My only complaint was the car next to us had a chain smoker. It was seriously bad. We eventually had to sit in the car because I couldn't handle it anymore. My eyes were all puffy and burning like chlorine, and my already runny nose was even runnier and it hurt. So next time, we'll watch out for that.

Cars 2 was really great! I love it. There's this one line that says, "Like a good neighbor, Mator is there." I loved it. It's a parody on the Allstate commercials. Funny, funny. It's probably not as funny as I think it is, but it sure is stuck in my head. As for Green Lantern, it was just amazing! I was really excited about this movie because its superheroes and my husband and I knew it was going to be a good time. I definitely wasn't disappointed. I really love super hero movies. Chris will explain things to me along the story line and its just so fun. We didn't get home until almost 2 this morning. And we were beat, but Chris still had to take Sharla home. Poor guy. I was so asleep when he got back. I was super tired. Thank goodness Brenden slept in until 8 this morning. If he's still asleep at 8, I usually just go in and grab him so he can eat. He's usually awake, just in there playing.

Such a cute kid!

1 comment: