July 29, 2011

Puff Pillows Tutorial





So I wanted to re-vamp some of the pillows we have in our living room. I really wanted an updated look, I just didn't want to pay $20 for a set of pillows. I've been on a saving money kick lately. Its great. I did some research on how to make puff pillows, well first I was going to make a puff quilt for Brenden, so this was kind of my trial run. And I think it turned out pretty great.


Here are some of the fabrics I chose to use and my fabulous rotary cutter! I love it, it makes projects so much easier.


Here is the before of our pillow. A little sad, I know.


The puff filling.


I will use this fabric for the backing of the smaller pillows.


A close up. Fun, huh?


I really love this one.


And this is one of Chris' favorites.


Some scraps.


I started by sewing wrong sides together so that I wouldn't have to turn them inside out, they're being sewn together anyways so you won't have any rough edges.


Here is what They look like together. I used 5 inch squares with 1/4 inch seam allowances.


Puffy!


Here it is almost done. I just needed to hand stitch the top and it was done!!!

This is a super easy project, if you're dedicated enough first cut to finish, you could do it in a little over an hour. I'm planning on making a few more soon. And Chris says its the best napping pillow.

No comments:

Post a Comment