July 12, 2011

Cough Cough

Ah what a day its been already today. Chris came home yesterday from work with a cough. He said that it came on yesterday while he was at work, but it wasn't bad at all. By the time we were done watching Harry Potter Part 1 he was feeling pretty lousy. He took some medicine and got to sleep. We Chris woke up this morning feeling even worse so he decided to call in sick from work. Well when Brenden woke up at 7 this morning he was starting to cough. We didn't think anything of it at the time. As the morning went on we noticed little Brenden cough was just getting worse and worse. I decided we needed to call the doctor and get Brenden in to see him. I was so scared, Brenden had never really been sick before other than his acid re flux.

So I went on to the White's house, I had promised Crystal that I would model my hands for her doing the alphabet. It was super fast! It took me all of maybe 3 minutes. So we just sat around talking for awhile. It was really nice to get to know her. We shared dating and engagement stories. We also shared wedding stories and how we met our husbands. It was a lot of fun. I'm really enjoying getting to know the different people in the ward. Kind of sad we didn't get to know many of these people before now.

I got home from the White's and it was time to take Brenden to his doctor's appointment. Well, I thought Chris said it was at 10:20, but when I got home he had told me it was at 11:20. But I remembered him telling me multiple times that it was at 10:20, plus Chris is sick, so we decided to head down to the doctor's office anyways. We got there and they saw us pretty much right away. Service is good! They weighed him, Brenden now weighs a nice 12 lbs. 10 1/2 oz. They then took his temperature, 98.6, perfectly normal! They checked his ears, nose, and throat. Both his ears and nose looked perfectly fine. Minus the potatoes in his ears. GROSS! But they said that his throat was a little red and inflamed, probably from all of the coughing. The doc said that it looks like the start of a viral infection, but its too early to tell. So they sent us home and told us to keep an eye on it and if it gets any worse to give them a call. And also to load this baby up with baby advil or baby tylenol.

We got home and Brenden took a nice nap and I woke him up to feed him. Little Piggy. He ate a ton of sweet potatoes and then some pumpkin. And he has been sleeping ever since. I think I may go wake him up in a little while.

On another note, the Homemade Fig Newtons are in the oven. So we will see how they turn out. We will also be trying the Homemade Panda Orange Chicken for dinner. Be expecting a blog about our yummy food later on tonight. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment