July 08, 2011

2. discuss a beautiful piece of art

Sometime I wish I really would have gotten into art when I was younger. Sure, I love it now, I think it's pretty. When I was younger I studied art a little bit, I was pretty good at sketching things, but not at all anymore. I just wish I was more crafty and artistic. According to Chris I am really crafty, I don't think so, I just take others people's ideas and put a spin on it that would fit me better.

So onto the piece of art.



This piece of art hangs in the hallway of our home and is very beautiful and means a lot to us. It's a small painting of the Las Vegas LDS Temple where Chris and I got married over 2 years ago. We got it as a gift to ourselves when we first moved into our apartment after getting married. Its in a place that we see it multiple times every day. We had been looking at many paintings of the Las Vegas Temple when we found this one.

This piece of art is very special. It was done by a woman who is paralyzed, so to draw anything like this just amazes me. It gives me the faith everyday that I really can do anything I set my mind to. Its a reminder in our family that everything is possible if we just believe that we can. Not only do I love this painting, but I love the story behind it.

This is a beautiful painting. I love the use of pastels, and the use of lines. I love the subtle use of dark colors among all of the pastels. I love the crinkled, age look. I love the bright, bright flowers towards the bottom of the painting. I love how inviting the trees make the temple look. I really like how the ground looks so ever flowing and as if you can just hop across it to enter into the House of the Lord. Everything about this painting invited me to go to the Temple. I really love it!

So here is my piece of art. If you want to look at some more of her work. Her name is Laurie Erickson Tenney. You can find some of her work at:

1 comment:

  1. 1. You are really crafty!
    2. That's a beautiful painting!

    ReplyDelete