July 18, 2011

Seriously?

I am all for posting photos of your kids and everyone knows that. I post photos of Brenden online almost every single day. But I strongly feel that once your kids hit a certain age there should be a bit of modesty when you're posting for the world to see. And that's what this post is all about. I think newborn photos of naked babies are just so cute, but if you're posting photos of a naked 2 year-old or 5 year-old there are some issues there. Yeah, you can tell me that Heavenly Father made our bodies pure and to be a beautiful thing, but think about the age that we're in, the things that we are surrounded by, the evils in the world make naked children a very bad thing.

I don't want to teach Brenden that being naked is a bad thing, but I want him to realize that there is a time and a place. Nakedness is for inside the home and for inside the bathroom, in the shower, and for changing. We should always be modest in everything that we do and it is a good thing. I also want to teach Brenden that it isn't anything to be afraid of or to be ashamed of. Brenden needs to know that we love him and he needs to know the difference of these things.

Now for the posting of pictures. I love too see my friends and their kids and their lives and I love the updates. I don't want to see your naked kids. Period. That's it. I have posted a few photos of Brenden naked, but seriously, he was only a few weeks old and it was during his newborn photo session. I think that's justified. I guess I'm just really bothered by this and maybe a little bit offended. I see it all the time, but it didn't really bother me until just today. Again, there a time and there is a place. That's all folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment