July 23, 2011

Pockets

It's official!!! Brenden's Cloth Diapers will be shipped out on Tuesday and he will be one happy baby. Well, in reality he probably won't know the difference, but I'll be one happy mommy. I don't know why I'm so excited about the change. When I was pregnant with Brenden I was so grossed out by the idea of cloth diapers, but now that I've done research and really know what they're all about, I'm really not grossed out at all. I'm excited that we'll be saving so much money and not have to deal with disposing of the disposables. I'm excited to have more room in the closet where the boxes and boxes of disposables were sitting. Now I can use it for some extra food storage. Haha.

So here's the skinny on cloth diapers, well on the ones we've decided on anyways. Chris and I, well, mostly me have decided on Pocket Cloth Diapers. Here is a very long and drawn out description of a pocket cloth diaper, but it is way better than I could describe since I've never actually used on before.

Pocket diapers – Pocket diapers consist of a waterproof outer layer and a moisture-wicking inner layer that are sewn together on three sides to create a stuffable pocket or sleeve. Pocket diapers look similar to disposable diapers and some are virtually as slim as disposable nappies. The pocket is stuffed with absorbent material to customize an absorbency level for each baby. Typically suede cloth or microfleece fibre is used to wick the moisture away from the babies skin to prevent diaper rash. Pocket diapers dry more quickly than all-in-one diapers because they have less material in them, and those with a sleeve open at both ends mean that the insert will agitate its own way out during the wash, so you dont need to manually remove it before washing. A pocket diaper must be washed after each diaper change. Pocket diapers often come in one size that can be adjusted with snaps and hook and loop tape (velcro) to fit a baby over a wide variety of weight ranges. Modern Pocket diapers use "green" materials, such as bamboo textiles and biodegradable liners which significantly improves the resource savings of the modern pocket diaper.

Like I said, its a very long description, but it gets the job done. Since Brenden's diapers are shipping out on Tuesday, they should be here for his 6 month birthday. Yay, Brenden! I figured it was fitting, a little odd, but fitting. I'm pretty stoked about the change over!

No comments:

Post a Comment