July 04, 2011

Pet Peeve(s)

The original topic was for a pet peeve, but I personally know that I have more than just one pet peeve. Today the pet peeve on my mind is smart phones. Well, actually not even smart phones, but the people who use them. I went to a parade and bbq so far for the fourth of July today and I just felt like everyone was on a smart phone. With the rage of smart phones now people don't even talk to each other any more. Between playing games, being on Facebook, making lists, showing off your cool specs, texting, it was just ridiculous. I pretty much just spent the day hanging out with Brenden because every one I knew was so involved in this tiny little thing I could smash with my foot. I really really wanted a smart phone up until today. I still kind of do deep down, but only if I can make a promise to myself never to behave like that. People with smart phones are like little boys with game boys. It kind of made me upset to realize what the world is turning into. The world is more digital and computerized than it ever has been. Don't get me wrong, progress is wonderful. I'm talking about the way people take for granted these progressions. So for next time people, when you invite someone over don't treat them like they don't exist just because you have a thin box of plastic. Be a real HUMAN BEING!

No comments:

Post a Comment