July 12, 2011

Happening of Our Evenings

I went Visiting Teaching earlier this afternoon and it went great. I really have grown to love the girls I Visit Teach and also my companion and it really hasn't taken long at all. Katie has been my Visiting Teaching Companion for almost a year now and she is seriously the greatest thing ever! She's my friend, Preston's cousin, small world, right? I know. Chris and I know Preston from back home and his cousin, Katie just happens to my companion....Really, really small world. Katie is always so on top of things, even when she is beginning to be super pregnant. So cute by the way. She's great at reminding me and being forgiving when I'm super forgetful. She's always so sweet to the girls that we teach. She's always genuine on learning about them and the goings on in their lives. She just happens to be moving out of the ward in a few weeks and I will be super sad!!! I also wonder who my new companion will be, they've got some big shoes to fill, so to speak, but I'm sure I'll love them just as much.

I have grown to love our ward SO MUCH over the past few months. After all of our friends moved out of the ward it really gave us the opportunity to get to know other people here. It's really nice to know how giving and wonderful everyone here is. I really didn't know all of this until we got back from Seattle. I really started to notice the good in everyone's heart and it really makes me feel so good.

So now to talk about the wonderful girls that Katie and I Visit Teach. First, there is A'lyce. I really have grown to love this girl and she is so sweet and funny. Every time Katie and I have gone over she is always so inviting and wants to know everything about what has been going on with us. She is just a great person. She always loves to play with Brenden and to hold him and to make him smile. She is going to be such a great little mommy! I'm so glad that her and her husband will be staying in the ward for awhile!

Now on to Brittny. Katie and I just started Visit Today was actually our first time teaching her. Chris and I had dinner with her and her husband, Tommy on Sunday. They are really a great couple. They're only been married a few short months, but they were totally made for each other. They make everything work and they love each other so much and you can see their love and its such an inspiration!

Onto the rest of my night!

After I went Visiting Teaching, I went downstairs to be Visit Taught myself. I love my Visiting Teachers. They are my dear friend, Sara, and my downstairs neightbor, Lacey. They are so great. Sara is honestly the best Visiting Teach I have ever had. She comes over all of the time just because she's a great friend and wants to check in on me. We're able to do a lot together and spend a lot of time together. As for Lacey, she's the best downstairs neighbor Chris and I have ever had. We've had 4 sets of downstairs neighbors since we've lived in Hyde Park. Crazy, Huh? The first set, we just didn't know very well because we were newlyweds and just kind of kept to ourselves, and then they moved. They were fun. The second set were not so fun. I swear they just hated the bain of our existence. They would complain about everything. I even got this facebook message from the wife one time complaining about every little thing that we did wrong from walking, cooking, sleeping, showering, watching t.v. I mean everything and they were not very nice about it. They would take up almost 4 parking spots between 2 cars and through outrageous parties until 4 in the morning. They would listen to loud and obnoxious rap music on Sundays. To say the least, they were our least favorite neighbors, but we were pretty good, we never really complained about them until after they were gone. Our next set of neighbors we didn't know very well. They weren't even here a semester and were very newlyweds as in they just got in married in the middle of a semester and then they moved out at the end of the semester. But Brett and Lacey, they've been here all this semester and they have 2 little boys and we love having them downstairs. They don't complain, well if we really do make a whole lot of noise I really wish they would complain. But they invite us to do things with them all of the time which is really nice. And Lacey just happens to be my Visiting Teacher, she made us pretzels today. They were amazing, I NEED that recipe!

Well I got home from all of those adventures and my baby is still sick. I finally just fed him and changed him into some jammies and gave him some baby medicine and let him go to bed. He was so so tired, and I don't blame him one bit. He has had a very long day. Between being sick and not napping very well and just being a great baby. My little Brenden is just an angel!

2 comments:

  1. HEY! Not all of your friends moved out...I'm glad that you think that I'm a good VT.

    ReplyDelete