July 12, 2011

Fig Newtons!

Seriously, AWESOME! I made these this afternoon and in making them I was fairly skepticle because after I started making them the recipe didn't actually look that great. But, after taking these little heavens out of the oven and letting them cool, I cut into them and had one. One bite and I can really hear the Ahhhhhh.....sound. They were so delicious. I decided to take some over to a girl that I visit teach, hopefully she likes them as much as I do because I am in love. When I first got figs I was worried that they were going to go to waste because I had never used a fig and had no idea what to do with them and then I found this awesome recipe. Greatest idea of the week!!!

So for using fresh figs, I had to look this up since I have never even seen a fig, let alone made something with fig. What you do, its simple really, is you cut them in half and scoop out the insides. Watch out for mold on the outside of the fig because figs tend to mold super easily. Other than that you just follow the directions in the recipe and you'll end up with heaven in a pan!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment