July 23, 2011

Pregnancy Quams

Things that bothered me when I was pregnant with Brenden:

1. How far along are you? This really bothered me early on in the pregnancy with Brenden mostly because I wasn't 100% sure. Going to different doctors and having them all say different things make it hard. Another reason was that I have never been good with birthdays or anniversaries so it was hard to remember in weeks how far along I was.

2. Is it a boy or a girl? Again, early on in the pregnancy its a little annoying because everyone asks and you don't have an answer until you're about halfway through the whole pregnancy. It kind of stinks that you have know idea. Sometimes I wish the doctors could say, Oh, you're pregnant and you're having this...

3. Are you pregnant or have you put on some weight? Are you serious? Just wait until someone tells you that I'm pregnant, and quit being so impatient. For starters, who would even ask a question like this. I was thankful I didn't get any of those questions until I was about 7 months along.

4. What are some of your parenting techniques? This is the one question that almost always turns bad. Everyone has different ideas of what the perfect parenting techniques and methods are and that's just it. Parenting is not perfect, parenting is all about trial and error. My teaching methods are even different than Chris' ideas on parenting. Nothing in life is perfect, our children may be perfect little angels at times, but the way we handle things are not always so perfect, but we learn and do better each and every day.

5. Was this a planned pregnancy? For all of those who don't know, Brenden was definitely planned for. Chris and I spent 6 months trying to get pregnant with Brenden. Even if he wasn't planned for, we would have gladly kept him anyways.

6. How is your baby doing? Sometimes I really felt like telling them to ask my belly because seriously how am I supposed to know how a baby I can't even see is doing. I was certain that he was doing fine for the most part, I just knew when something was wrong. So when people would ask how he was doing I would start to get a little paranoid that something was wrong with him.

7. Why so young? I was 21, almost 22 years-old when I had Brenden. I don't think that that's too young at all and when people would ask me why I wanted to have children so young it kind of bugged me. I prepared for Brenden and I was so ready to have a baby. I would have been unhappy spending my time doing anything else.

8. Can I touch your tummy? I was always the type that wasn't bothered by it, I just didn't liked to be asked all of the time. If you wanted to touch my tummy, just do it, I didn't want to be asked. First of all, its just an odd question. I felt like a budha. What you want to rub me for good luck?

9. Do you think that you'll have post-pardum depression? I never really knew how to ask that question. I had a few bouts of mild depression as a youth, I think every teenager does. But I never thought that I would even be bothered by post-pardum depression. And I wasn't. And yes, thank you for bringing up the fact that its possible that after I have a baby I could wind up being depressed for the next year of my life, thank you very much.

10. Are you stopping after 1? When I was still pregnant with Brenden this was bothersome because I had no idea. How can you prepare for something you really know nothing about. I hadn't had any children and I knew that I was very excited for the one that was in my tummy. I had no idea what to expect. I knew in the back of my head that I wanted many children, but who knows when you haven't had any kids.

So these are my 10 peeves about being pregnant and the question silly people ask. And everyone really does ask them. These question by any means don't make me angry, they just get mildly frustrating after being asked them with every person I happened to run into. I love being asked questions when I was pregnant with Brenden, its just a lot more fun when there's variety.

No comments:

Post a Comment