July 30, 2011

Realizations

Today I really truly realize the gift of love. Its a gift that we possess and we can all see it each and every day. I never thought I was very good at the whole love thing. But being married to the wonderful man that I am, I can see that I must be doing something right. I love the phrase "Love is Something Eternal," I do, its great. Because it really is, it can be Eternal, but it also can be sad ans destructive. We can see divorce everyday, I wonder why. I wonder why people that have loved each other so much that they enter into something so serious as marriage and then one day they just decide that they want to throw in the towel. I don't get it. I see that there are some people that get married that should have never been married in the first place. I'm really talking about those who have been married for 20 years and decide that it is over. I just find it really saddening.

I am so grateful to be married to a wonderful man that loves me so much and has so much care in his heart. He loves me so much and I'm glad.

I realize that I haven't always been the best at love, dating, and relationships, but I have a great one now. Before I met Chris and got married I wasn't into the relationship at all. It has really been the only thing I have ever been that decisive about. I went to a single's ward and yeah, I would date a lot, I just wasn't into being in a relationship. And of course all of the guys in the single's ward are looking for someone to date and to marry. I just wasn't ready, there were plenty of interesting guys. I'm sure it was very hurtful, and for that I am very sorry. I know now that it was for very good reason. Once Chris and I met I was interested in dating just like that. If I was dating all these other guys whose to say I would have even ever went out on a date with Chris. And now all of these wonderful guys from the single's ward are getting married and have found some fabulous brides.

I am thankful for Chris and our wonderful little baby boy. Brenden is great and amazing and lovely. I love my little family! I just can not say that enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment