June 03, 2011

Looking for a NEW Apartment!

Chris and I have lived in the same apartment for almost 2 years now. Its been a great apartment, but with our growing family it's just not enough room anymore. Not saying that we're already pregnant again. That would be a little insane. We just want to start preparing because personally, I know that once I am pregnant there's a chance I won't want want to move mostly because I'll just be so tired all of the time. We found one apartment that we fell in love with.

So a little bit about this wonderful little apartment. Well first off, its not little. The apartment we're in now is around 700 square feet, and the one we've been looking at has 1140 square feet! That is an enormous increase in size for us. It has 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, a coat closet and a pantry. Everyone that has been into our apartment knows that we use our coat closet as our pantry, so it would be a really nice adjustment. This new place has a 1-car garage, backyard, walk-in closet, huge living room. The living room in this place is about the size of our living room and kitchen, COMBINED! It has the ceiling fans that I love, garbage disposal, dishwasher, microwave, gas fireplace, and a place for me to have a garden. This place is more like a house than apartment. I really fell in love with it the moment that I saw it. I just got so excited and I started planning right then. I love change, and well I can't say the same thing for Chris. He's a lot more hesitant. He's worried about moving expenses, such as getting a moving truck and boxes and having to pack and find people to help us move, we would need to find a washer and dryer.

But in my mind we would have so much more space to fit our things. We have a lot for a tiny little 2 bedroom apartment. I haven't seen anyone that has as much stuff as we do. We are just very blessed and I know this. I have even started selling things so that we would have enough money for the move and the deposit. I am ok with it as long as I get that apartment. I'm maybe just a little bit too excited. But I don't think I would be ok with passing this great deal up. Its only $20 more a month than what we pay now. I would be willing to give up my crafting budget for this apartment. I mean serious business!

Ok, I have decided that I'm through ranting about this fabulous apartment, its time to move on to what's really important in life. Not the materialistic things, the most important thing to me is my family. The little guy, Brenden had his first serving of solid foods today. Brenden turned for months old today so I wanted to do something special for him. I spent a lot of time on his birthday "treat". I peeled and cut up an apple, boiled the apple chunks, drained them, through them in the magic bullet with a banana and pressed go! Once it was to baby consistency, I mixed in some rice cereal and breast milk. I went to go wake up this glorious baby that fell asleep on his own in his crib for the third day in a row. I set up his little booster chair and set him in it for some food time. I started feeding him and he knew exactly what he was doing. he'd eat and suck on his hands, and eat some more. He ate until it was all gone and he still wanted more. He did such a great job eating today, I was one impressed mommy.

I love life!

2 comments:

  1. It's in Rigby! I know it's a little further away, but with Chris working in Idaho Falls its not that out of the way for us. And its gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete