June 06, 2011

Doctor's Today

I continue to be impressed by Brenden every single day. Brenden had a doctor's appointment today as you all know and it went so well! We go in and he now weighs 12.2 lbs. I know that isn't significant since at his appointment a few weeks ago he was weighing in at 11.8 lbs. That's only about an ounce a week, but it's still progress and I know that he'll start gaining a lot more weight soon.

So for the scary part of our doctor's visit. Brenden had to have his 4 month shots today. He had one that was just a liquid form that he had to drink. And he had to have 2 in one leg and 1 in the other, poor baby. And yes, I was there the whole entire time and had to watch. But what a relief, it wasn't nearly as bad as I imagined it would be. He was already crying before they ever brought the needles in. The liquid one must have not tasted very good because that's when he first started to cry. After the shots I was able to calm him down a bit. We had a store run and stopped at Walmart. I had to pick him up some more sunscreen. Some stuff that I can just spray on him. He was out in the sun too long yesterday and has a little bit of a heat rash. Doctor says, just keep it moisturized and it will go away on its own. And of course he fell asleep as we're in the store.

I got the poor baby home and he was sleeping so I took all of the groceries up and we hung outside in the sun for a few minutes. I made Brenden some Green Beans and mixed some Sweet Potatoes and Peaches for lunch. He is really started to get a hang of this eating thing and he loves it! He's a growing boy, of course he loves food. :) He ate and he has been asleep in his crib ever since. As a mommy that has a ton of things to get done, I am really loving the whole baby sleeping in his crib thing.

Well off to finish up the laundry. I LOVE LOVE folding laundry, always have.

No comments:

Post a Comment