June 04, 2011

Day 29 of Me!

Day 29- In this past month, what have you learned


The most important thing I have learned this month is how truly hard it is to keep a commitment. You know, the kind that you have to really think about often, every single day. There are commitments that are always on your mind, such as the commitment of family, being married, having children, being unified. And then you have the commitments that are at the back of your mind constantly. Like saying prayers, reading your scriptures, making a phone call, doing your homework, making dinner, marking off that to-do list for yourself. But with the blogging this past month, yes its always been at the back of my mind, but once I broke my chain of doing it everyday, it just became less important and then as the days passed, I would think, GAH! now I have to catch up on yet another day. 


I also learned, WOW! I really love my family and especially my little boy. That's really all I ever talk about. And if you're tired of reading about my baby, just stop now! That's really all I talk about. 


So, if you're ok with reading about Brenden, please read on. I have an amazing story for today.


Brenden and I have been working on sleep training this week. Last week, when Brenden and I went on a walk with Jessica, Lauren, Kim, and Claire I realized that Lauren was already trained to sleep in his crib by himself and that Kim was working on it with Claire. I was frantic thinking that Brenden was behind and that it would take me so long to get him to be able to sleep in his crib with out me having to rock him to sleep every night and that I would have to spend all of his nap times with him. Because before this week that's how it had been. For nap times, I had to hold him the whole time because if I would set him down in his crib he would wake up  and let me know how upset he was about it. And at bedtime I would feed him and rock him to sleep and try to set him in his crib, but it would never take the first time, we would have to try it two or three times. For this week, I would feed him and make sure he was full and make sure he had a clean diaper so when it came to the time where he was yawning and rubbing his eyes I would lay him down in his crib. And yes, I admit the first few days were so rough on me, being the only one home. Oh, he would cry, but I knew I couldn't go in there and continue to enable him. So I would let him cry for a few minutes, I would go in and try to sooth him with out picking him up for a minutes. I would go back out and repeat this until it was time for him to be hungry again. The first two or three days he didn't nap at all. The end of the third day, he finally fell asleep on his own, in his crib, but it only lasted for about ten minutes. But for me, it was great, I mean he feel asleep all on his own! And then yesterday, I continued with the sleep training, and he took two naps each lasting for almost 40 minutes. So today, I was very confident that he would do a good job. Chris left for work at nine this morning and I fed him and put him in his crib, he cried for about fifteen minutes and napped for about an hour. I fed him and we did this again. And he took four naps today all by himself! I am so impressed by this little boy. And thats not all folks! I fed Brenden around 6 tonight and he had a bath around 7, went to bed around 730, fell asleep for only 30 minutes, but then Chris fed him, changed him, and I laid him down around 830 and we haven't heard from him since. He didn't even really cry. So you have no idea. I am such a proud mama today.


So this is LOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment