June 13, 2011

BABIES

It seems since I have had Brenden in February that everyone that I know on the face of the planet is pregnant and having babies. Don't get me wrong, I am so excited for them, giving birth and having children is the best gift that we can have. I say we, as in every women on the earth because we all know when it comes to giving birth, it's all on us.

Over the past year I have read so many great things on being a mommy and giving birth. I have been so informed, its nuts! And now that I've gone through the birthing stages and have a baby that's 4 months old, I know so much more than I ever could have imagined. Its great! I'll know so much more for the next one. Ha ha. I know exactly what I want out of a birth, and the things I can say "no" to. I know that I can request a different nurse or doctor/midwife. I know that baby's do not break. I know that if I needed to I could do it all again, with out drugs. I know that I won't have to go to the hospital as many times as I did with Brenden. I know how to fed a baby. I know to bring food to the hospital with me. Well, because the hospital food doesn't taste that great. I know that I have a loving husband, although I was telling him he was doing everything wrong, he was doing the best that he absolutely could. I wish I would have known that one. I know a baby's different cries, well Brenden's anyways. I know how to soothe a baby so much better now. I know that it's ok to let them cry for a time. I know that their little toes get so cold. I know they get messy and have blow outs. I know that baby's teethe, but it won't last forever. I know the happiness I feel when that cute little baby smiles at me for the first time.

If you can't tell by this post already, I am so ready to be pregnant again. And what brought this on you may ask? Well I went visiting teaching today and found out that one of the girls I teach is pregnant. Its a funny story actually. She almost 4 months along. She didn't even know she was expecting until a few weeks ago. Apparently she has a pretty irregular period so when she missed a couple months she didn't think anything of it. So one day she decided to take a pregnancy test just to rule that out. So. she takes the test and its positive. She freaks out and buys another test because she just think it was possible. Another positive test. So she goes to the store and buys a digital test. Positive again. So she finally tells her husband and they make an appointment to see the doctor. So they have her take another test again. Can guess the result? Yes, once again positive. While they're at the doctor's they had no idea how far along she was since she had missed a couple periods. The doctors measures her and sh'e about 15 weeks along. She is so excited. Every time I would take Brenden over she was so excited to see him. She would talk about baby's the whole time and talk about how she wanted one so bad and how her husband wanted to wait a little bit longer. And now its here, she's pregnant, she's on her way to her dream of being a mother.

I love stories like these and I can't wait until I can have another story of another pregnancy and another baby. I know it will come soon and I know that I'm being selfish for talking and thinking about it all the time. But this is what I want to do with my life. I want to be a mother, I am, but I want to be surrounded by children. To nurture them, to care for them, to play with them, to teach them, to give them everything that they could ever want.

I just want a baby in my tummy again.

No comments:

Post a Comment