June 29, 2011

Happy 2-year Anniversary

Yesterday was Chris and my 2 -year Anniversary. It was grand!!! Chris and I have been talking about doing a Harry Potter marathon for some time now so that's exactly what we did! Keep in mind that before this I really hadn't seen any of the Harry Potter movies and Chris pretty much knows everything that there is to know about Harry Potter, thanks to his brother Josh. So here are some pictures of my attempt to create a fun anniversary night for us. Enjoy.


This is our kitchen table all decked out. Notice that it's in Gryffindor colors. Yes, I did my research.


Our lovely anniversary cake, made by your truly. Misspelled in honor of Hagrid.


So, I have to admit, most of the rest of this, I really had no idea what anything was, but I did the best I could.


This is the Whomping Willow, the tree that Harry and Ron crash the Weasley's car into when they miss the train in the second movie, I do believe. Correct me if I'm wrong.


Here are some games that are wrapped up to look like Tom Riddle's diary, AKA Voldemort. 


 I used some yummy candy for the Quittich snitches.


This is a necklace my Great Grandmother gave me that I used for the Slitherin Locket.


And is it me, or is Dobby just the cutest ugliest creature ever?


The Hufflpuff Cup. This is a silver cup that came with a pitcher from Chris' family. It worked perfectly.


And of course we needed caffeine for this absurd marathon.


One of my Welcome signs.


This was a growing snake, its now about 3 times this size. Very fitting for wizardly.


My sad attempt at a crown. I was seriously running out of time. Chris was do to be home in 5 minutes!


Chris' movie glasses, made to look like a dork, we were having a Harry Potter marathon after all.


And here are mine, quite festive I do think.


Our bookstore happens to be DVD's. Everyone comes over to borrow DVD's, weekly.


Our ceiling fan in the living room, in Gryffindor colors. Brenden loved laying on the floor watching it go and go.


Chris' anniversary presents if you couldn't tell.


Me waiting for Chris to get home from work. A day well spent of decorating.


Chris' first present was scrabble slam. A seriously addicting game. If you haven't played, cross scrabble with speed and that's pretty much it.


Get Ready....


Oh yes, Sorry. We love this game. Its very competitive with us.


Chris got me this pretty amazing piece of the Las Vegas Temple. I loved it.


Brenden was pretty excited for us too.


I love his great big grin!


Now it's time to be serious. Ha ha.


Get ready for some movie time!


Chris being nerdy with his cool glasses.


Love at first sight.


Why is he so goofy?


Yea! For 2 years!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! Looks like a fun filled night...especially the SLAM part :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! That looks like a ton of fun! Colum and I are big Harry Potter fans too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are so adorable. Just so ya know... The Whomping Willow is also where in the 3rd book you find out who Scabbers (Ron's rat) really is and why he has one toe missing and all of that good stuff! LOVE YA'LL! Oh, and I think Brenden already knows how much his parents love each other! :D

    ReplyDelete