June 13, 2011

Brenden's Growth

I have had a cranky baby all weekend, but finally Brenden has been able to get some sleep. He slept for over 9 hours straight last night, which was also great for mommy and daddy. Its so great knowing how well babies can take care of themselves. Well to take care of themselves as far as telling you what they need and sleeping when they need to. I have a great baby, and that is no secret by any means, but he does have his days. Brenden having bad days makes me realize more than ever how much of a good baby he is and how much I love being a mommy.

I am constantly thinking about his growth and development. As most of you know his growth hasn't been the greatest over the past couple of months, but he is slowing gaining weight. Brenden is 5 inches longer and 5 lbs heavier than what he was at birth. And to me, it seems like so much. I read blogs, and here stories about babies and how much they've grown and even babies that had grown that much in their first month, but I know that Brenden is growing, and I know that every baby is different, and yes he may be small, but he is doing so well.

As far as his development is going, he amazes me everyday. He is now lifting himself up consistantly, focusing on objects as you move them, can see further distances, he laughs and smiles, he's beginning to entertain himself, he can soothe himself to sleep, he's started to eat solids, he sleeps in his crib through the night, he can stand on his own with a little bit of help for balance, same thing goes for sitting, he's starting to pull himself up to sit on his own, he can grab and play with things, he can stuff almost his whole fist in his mouth, he likes to grab his spoon and feed himself, if given a bottle, he can hold it all on his own, he just is growing so fast. Brenden wasn't like this a month ago let alone a few weeks ago and it just amazes me how well he's doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment