May 03, 2011

LIFE

I am starting to realize I'm a better blogger when I'm not actually at home. It's just a lot easier when there is nothing to take care of. When I'm on vacation my time is my own, and I get to spend it doing the things I enjoy, like blogging letting everyone know how life is going, and reminding myself how grand life really is.

I've spent today contemplating the last 22 years of life and how really great it's been. So maybe contemplating is the wrong word. All the experiences that I have been through, for better or for worse have made me into who I am today. I don't claim to have been through any rough trials by any means, but everything that I have been through have given me much knowledge and compassion for others. I also know all of the wonderful experiences that I have been through that has made my life so much better! My baptism, by someone who now is a very great friend, Thank you Elder Allred! Being married in the temple to my wonderful husband, Chris. He is truly the best thing up until then that has happened to me and everyone that knows me well, really knows how true that is. Now, I would have to say the best thing that has happened to me is my brand new baby, Brenden James. He's the greatest baby and I could go on and one about him, I really could.

This past week, well in the last couple days, I learned that Osama Bin Laden has been killed, not just killed, but murdered by a firing squad. I realize that it was for the good of many, but it does not change that we had to get there by taking another life. I have been thinking about this for the past couple days and trying to weigh on how I really think about it and what kind of person that makes me. If it's ok for me to be happy and sad at the same time or if its even possible. I feel happy that evil like that is no more, or at least that specific evil, but there will always be evil out there. So I feel pleased that Osama is gone. I'm so sad that we, as americans have blood on our hands. That we had to take a life to save lives. I really hoped that he could have just died of some sort of natural causes.

Today is a great day because I have had some great insights both provided for me by great friends and bestowed upon me by a wonderful and loving Heavenly Father.

Proverbs 17:13

13 Whoso rewardeth evil for good, evil shall not depart from his house.

Ecclesiastes 9:18

18 Wisdom is better than weapons of war: but one sinner destroyeth much good.


Amos 9:10

10 All the sinners of my people shall die by the sword, which say, The evil shall not overtake nor prevent us.


Psalms 104:35

35 Let the sinners be consumed out of the earth, and let the wicked be no more. Bless thou the Lord, O my soul. Praise ye the Lord.


These scriptures make me feel so much better about how I feel. Osama was a bad man and he had done many evil things and my feeling is that the longer he was out there, hiding and planning the longer and more time he has to pass his evil along to others. There have been times in past that God has commanded his righteous armies to take away the evil that exists on the earth and I believe that this project to destroy the evil of Osama was of God. I believe that our Heaven Father would like his wonderful earth to be a better place with out that particular evil. The most important thing that I have learned is that good and righteousness needs to win out. A quote that fits really well is, "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." When the troops took Osama's life, they did something, not nothing, they took his life to save the freedom, agency, righteousness, and lives of so many others, and that is a good thing. Its a great thing to provide those privileges to others. I feel pleased and I know the Lord has his hand in this and I feel great that his will has been done once again.

For tonight, I am going to let my ranting and ravings rest, along with my brain and body. Goodnight World!


2 comments:

  1. I never blog at home! Always at work, when I'm supposed to be working...like now :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, of course you would. But being a stay-at-home mommy, it kind of is my job. I do what I can.

    ReplyDelete