May 15, 2011

Day 09 of Me

Day 09- Something you’re proud of in the past few days

Having the energy to keep my house clean! I love it! This past week I have so much energy and so much to do, its really been great. Ever since we got home from our wonderful 3 week vacation out to see families I really haven't been able to get the house clean clean. I had cleaned the whole entire apartment before we left, but we got back and got to the unpacking and it just made this huge mess that was taking me forever to clean. But this last week Chris was able to take a day and take Brenden and watch him all day and I was able to be my mad woman self and get our house clean. Get the bedrooms back to where they should have been, get all the laundry and dishes down, get all of the dusting and vacuuming taken care of and sweep our nasty floors. And I have done, might I say, an amazing job keeping up with the housework since then. It's so great and I feel so good about myself, you don't even know.

When I was 16 I was your average teenager, you know, the kind that thought she knew everything. Let me tell you this now, and probably for the only time, I was SO WRONG! I really didn't know anything about anything other than how to be self-absorbed and messy. One day my Grandma Olsen came over to the house and had checked to make sure my room was clean, well first she checked to see if my car was clean and of course it wasn't. She didn't even bother looking at my room. She said that if my car was a mess, so was the rest of my life. I hate to admit it, but she was so right. I didn't admit it back then, but I really know now what a mess my life was, including my room. Ha! And ever since getting married having a clean house and car have been so important to me. So if I have a messy car, it's my husbands fault!

So for today, my greatest accomplishment this week is my home!

No comments:

Post a Comment