May 08, 2011

Day 02 of Me

Day 02- The meaning behind your blog name.

When my best friend Amanda was engaged to be married she used this quote on her wedding announcements and I really loved it. I'm a little nerdy at heart so I decided to do a little research on where it might have came from.

It's actually a quote from Vincent Van Gogh. And it's only part of the quote.

"Love is something eternal'the aspects may change, but not the essence. There is the same difference in a person before and after he is in love as there is in an unlighted lamp and one that is burning. The lamp was there and it is a good lamp, but now it is shedding light, too, and that is its real function." -Vincent van Gogh

I have really become to love this quote over the past year. A lot of it is because I still consider myself that newly wed girl who sees so many great things. I realize that our day to day life changes constant, but the fact that I want to spend eternity with my family, I will always have that and that is so great.

When I was researching "Love is Something Eternal," I came across a talk from F. Burton Howard of the Seventy. His talk was entitled Eternal Marriage. Fits right in, right? I know. Well, the one main quote in his talk follows:

"If you want something to last forever, you treat it differently.... It becomes special to you because you have made it so." -F. Burton Howard

I really like this quote. There is such a strong emphasis on "you" and I think that's great. If we want something, it is our own responsibility to make it happen. I whole heartedly agree with that. I know that as we sit idly waiting for things to happen, for people to do things for us, we are just going to be sitting there watching out own lives pass us away, and there is no one at fault except for our own selves.

I know I have a Heavenly Father that loves me. I know that he blesses my family each and every day. I can feel his presence in my every day life and when I choose not to follow his promptings, I lose sight of him. I take those opportunities to change the things in my life that make that so. I know as I grow and change these things he will continue to bless me with the spirit to be by my side. I know that my family loves me and I love them. As I continue to strive to make them the most important aspect in my life, Heavenly Father will bless me and my family by keeping us together and strong and help us fight of temptations and to show the love that we have for each other. I love my family so much and I leave this with you in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment