May 19, 2011

Day 13 of Me

Day 13- A letter to someone who has hurt you recently.

I don't know how I feel about today's topic. Especially being my hubby's birthday. Writing a letter and posting it on a blog can being very hurtful no matter what the reason you're doing. So I think instead, today I will talk about hurt feelings and social networks. Social Networks is a lot like texting that respect. There is no mood in any text other than what's there. And usually what happens is people try to "read in between the lines," they end up assuming many things that are incorrect, and that's where all the problems of today start. People don't take into consideration that the person you're righting about might end up seeing it. Whether you blog about it, post it on Facebook or twitter. Its going to get around and someone is going to get hurt. I have a story to illustrate this, I just won't name any names. Actually, lets call them Ward and June.

Once upon a time Ward and June got married in a beautiful Temple of our loving Heavenly Father. They had a lovely honeymoon and started married life out to a tremendously. A few months after being married they had decided to go back to school. They had to travel many miles and it took a few days to get there. When they finally got there they had a lovely quaint little apartment all to themselves. They were so happy and just loved life and loved the people they were surrounded with, until one day. One day Ward and June were on a social networking site and realized that someone they were surrounded by didn't share their love. I won't go into any details at all, but what was said was very intimate in a very rude way. It was very upsetting to our dear Ward and June and I feel for them.

They are great friends of ours. I'm saddened that things that are put online can hurt people so badly. Not only does it hurt feelings, but it causes unnecessary contention. We don't want contention with those who we live around and are supposed to serve with love and support. This makes me wonder what people have said about me online and possibly what I've said about other people with out even realizing it. That's the worst part, not even comprehending that these things being said is a really bad thing.

So this is my hurtful letter for the day. Just a story I have heard this past week that meant a lot to me and I could make a connection with. So fellow people on the web, be careful in what you say about others!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for writing this post today. Especially since I know who and what you are talking about. And thank you for letting me talk to you about it as well. This stuff is very hurtful and because of what happened I'm in a huge bind! I miss you and Chris loads and I hope soon I can meet your baby Brenden! I love you Sadie, and even though you are younger than me you have been an amazing inspiration to me!

    ReplyDelete