May 08, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

It's Mother's Day, my first Mother's Day and I'm loving it. I got to sleep in, on accident, we had 9:00 this morning, and I woke up at 6:30 and showered, went back to bed to take care of Brenden so Chris could get a shower in and I totally feel asleep. And 9:00 rolls around and I am totally well rested, then realizing that we're going to be late for Church. I was OK missing the first little bit, mostly because even when I am there, usually the first hour Brenden is fussy trying to get adjusted. We got their for sacrament and it was great. Jeremy and Bathany Sant spoke to us. It was really great. Mostly because Jeremy is from our home stake in Seattle. While we're in Rexburg its really nice hearing someone and knowing exactly what and who they're talking about. It was so comforting and I could connect with their stories and I got so much out of it. Especially being Mother's Day.

Jeremy gave a talk and what I really got out of it was that Mother's should really be in the home raising the children. I see importance of having a job outside the home and how it could really help out the family, I also see the importance of education and how much it can help you educate you children. being a mother and loving Brenden so much, I can not even imagine having to work outside the home. I know that somewhere down the line I may have to work outside the home, it may be a financial must do. That day will make me sad, but I will do whatever I can to help my family. But if it happens where I can just stay at home and be a mommy, that is what I will do. Being a mother is the most important calling I could ever have and I know that and I treasure it everyday.

So for all of you mother's out there, Happy Mother's Day! You are doing an absolute fantastic job! And for all of you who are not yet mother's, your time will come. Always remember to cherish each and every moment that you're privileged to have with your little one.

No comments:

Post a Comment