May 30, 2011

Day 20 of Me

Day 20- Someone you see yourself marrying/being with in the future

Being married for almost 2 fabulous years now, I find this a very odd blogging challenge. Chris and I celebrate our 2 year anniversary in less than a month. Wow, how time flies, especially while you're pregnant. While I was pregnant with Brenden and since having him, I just feel like my focus has been on him. Although I feel really guilty because my focus should have been on my whole family, not just the baby in my tummy. I love all of my family, and that is my focus now.

So I have decided that for this blog post, I'm going to go a little bit off course and share our Love Story. So here goes. Here is the greatest love story ever!

I was baptized into Chris home ward in March of 2007, Chris had left on his mission about 5 months before that. We did go to the same high school, but never met each other, Chris is a few years older than I am. The following Christmas I decided that I wanted to write all of the missionaries for Christmas, and my lovely husband happened to be one out of 14 missionaries. He constantly tells me and everyone else that when I wrote him he figured I was just a miamaid writing the missionaries for Christmas. He was only half right, I was writing the missionaries for Christmas, but a lot older than he thought. He wrote me a letter back just to be nice, but once he found out I was 18, he was a lot more interested. We started to write more and more and we ended up writing each other for the last almost year of his mission.

I remember there being a point where I felt like Chris was writing me too often. He was writing me letters and emailing me every single week. I felt like I was too big of a distraction for him, so I stopped writing him all together. I don't think Chris took it all too well. He says that all that time, he thought that I had lost interest in him, found him annoying, or had found someone else, or possibly getting married. Definitely not the case, but it kind of turned him to be a little pathetic, or so I hear. So we started writing again, and a few months later, Chris was coming home.

When Chris "came home" from his mission, he went to England, since his parents fled the country when he went on his mission. Chris spent 3 months in England before he came back stateside. When he came back he had about a week in Seattle before he went back to school here in Rexburg. We went on a date almost every single day he was in town. Love at first sight, right? Maybe.

Chris came back here to Idaho for school and I stayed in Seattle. Chris would come out to Seattle, well probably once a month. It was great! We were engaged within the next month and a half. Crazy that it was so fast? That's exactly what his parents thought. My parents were all for it. They had fell in love with him the moment they met him. And granted my parents knew Chris a lot better than Chris' parents knew me. They were still in England!

We spent 4 months being engaged and were married in the Las Vegas Temple June 27, 2009! And in a few short weeks we will be spending our 2 year anniversary together!! Woohoo for being married to the man of my dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment