May 17, 2011

Cloth Diapers

I have really been thinking about cloth diapers lately and feeling like we should really get on the band wagon with this. Although in my mind they're so expensive. But when I get to really thinking about it, Chris and I spend at least $35 a month on disposables. It sounds like cloth diapers have come a really long way and I am very interested now. I think since Chris and I have a stock of disposables we'll wait until those are gone and start saving up to go into the cloth diapers. I've always been kind of disgusted with cloth diapers and having to wash them and having to deal with all of that, but now that Brenden is getting a little older for some reason I'm just not as much turned away from them. 


I don't know what it is about them now, but they seem almost as easy as using disposables, but much less expensive. Its just the washing of the used diapers and babies go through so many diapers. Especially newborns. Something cool I found out today while researching is that they now offer disposable inserts for when you're out on the go so you don't have to carry around the stink to eventually have to take home and wash. It makes me feel much better about the whole cloth diapers thing. Maybe that's what I was most worried about.


So if anyone has any opinions on cloth and disposable diapers whether it be positive or negative, please let me know!

1 comment:

  1. Yes! They do have disposable inserts! That's what my sister-in-law uses. Much less expensive - she even makes her own!

    ReplyDelete