November 03, 2011

Vaccinations

Vaccinations first off are just so controversial which is exactly why I've decided to share my opinions in my blog rather than on facebook where everyone can see it. This way you can only read it if you're really looking for it. I read something on facebook today about vaccinations and I have to say that I totally agree. Vaccinations can be a great help, but they can also be very harmful.

My thinking on vaccinations being helpful is that they help our immune systems to fight the things that our bodies have a hard time counteracting. Diseases have been in existance on the earth since the dawn of time and every time the disease transfers it changes and while our bodies do everything they possible can sometime our bodies just need a helpful boost. And sometimes vaccinations can be more harmful than they are good. A lot of the times are bodies can handle what is coming to us and we inject our bodies with these vaccinations and it just tears our body apart wearing it down until it can no longer have that tolerance to something so simple.

Like the flu. In my personal opinion the flu vaccine is useless! Again, in my opinion. For all I know, I know absolutely nothing, so don't take offense. Every winter people inject their bodies with exactly what they're trying not to catch, and guess what, a lot of the time these people are sick with the flu for weeks. What exactly is the point?? I just don't get it at all. Yes, there is a risk that you will get sick in the winter time, seriously, that's just life, it gets cold and gross outside, and that's how our bodies handle it. With a small risk of getting the flu why do people inject their bodies with the flu. When you get the flu shot you're almost guaranteed that you'll get sick. Rather than don't get the shot and take a chance that you just might get the flu. Personally, I'll take my chances. Granted this is coming from a person who gets sick once every 3 years or so. So, what do I know.

And now onto all the vaccinations that they reccommend for babies. When we were in the hospital with Brenden they wanted to vaccinate him with everything on the face of the planet. There was this Vitamin K shot to help blood clotting in the brain. This blood clotting disorder only affects I think 1 out of every 200 babies. We said no, the doctors confirmed that if there was a blood clotting issue they would be able to catch it before it got serious. It made our decision really simple. Another one was the eye drops they give babies after birth. Something about the mother transferring STD's to the baby. I'm sorry, I know for sure that I don't have an STD. That and it would have just blinded my baby even more than he already was. I just didn't get the point.

We've gotten most of the routine vaccinations mostly because I really don't know any better. I have done research, but honestly I don't even know where to begin with picking and choosing. I've gone onto government websites trying to see what is what, but I don't really fully understand, I guess at this point I would rather be safe than sorry. I sure wish that we had a doctor in our family to say hey, Brenden needs this this and this and that this isn't really something he needs.

So this has been my little spiel on vaccinations, so go ahead and tell me I'm crazy and erase this little rant from your memory. :)

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you! I think that vaccinations are a good thing (I had them, and I turned out fine), but there is a point when too much is too much! About the flu vaccine - I've had it because of my arthritis when I was in high school and never got the flu. I haven't had it since I've been out here and haven't had it either. So... who knows if it really makes a difference!

    ReplyDelete