November 08, 2011

Day 18

5 things that irritate ME about the opposite/same sex

I'm not going to lie, I've kind of been looking forward to this post. When I first found this blog challenge this is the main thing that drew me in. It really got me to think. There aren't a lot of things that bother me about other people, so it was kind of fun to have it at the back of my mind to think about and to look at myself to see if I do these things as well. So here goes.

Men:
1. Video Games. I like video games as much as the next person, but if that's all that you do or all that you think and talk about there's a real problem there.
2. Men and they're smart phones and google. A lot of guys when they want to know something they take out they're smart phones or hop on a laptop to google something. Can you really not think for yourself? Have smart phones made us dumb?
3. Chris doesn't do this, but I've seen many husbands that do. They get so involved in their point of argument they don't give their wife a chance to speak and have a different opinion and if they do, the wife is wrong.
4. Indecisive. Lets face a lot of men are indecisive whether its because they can't make up their mind or won't make it up just to please others. Either way it can be annoying.
5. When guys belittle the work of a stay-at-home mom. And no, Chris doesn't do this either. I just find it very stereotypical when a guy says a stay-at-home mom has it easy and all they have to do is play with a baby all day long. Yes, while this is true with me in particular its just so much more than that. Its the laundry and the cleaning and grocery shopping and keeping up with people and trying to make an apartment a home all while trying to make this child happy. So while staying at home may seem easy, and a lot of the time it can be, take a day and do it and then tell me how it is.

Women:
1. Competition. Women are constantly trying to one up each other. We are all equals. Every single woman I know knows something or knows how to do something that I don't and I'm sure I know a few things more than they do. That doesn't make me better than anyone and that doesn't make anyone better than me. It just means that we have so much to share with each other. If we share our knowledge and the things we know how to do, we are making the world a better place.
2. Excuses. I feel like there are so many excuses in the world for every little thing. Instead of making excuses, tell me how it really is.
3. Experience Hogs. I don't know how else to put it, but these are the woman who are more experienced and therefore they think they know more than you. Personally, I don't know anyone like this, but I've seen it happen. Its just really sad on both ends. Its sad for the poor woman is is less experienced in marriage and children because then she feels like she's a failure and doesn't know anything. I also feel very sad for the woman who thinks she knows everything because the sad truth is, she still has a lot to know. Humble yourself fellow friends, and love each other.
4. Not thinking for yourself. I see a lot of woman who just kind of stand behind their husbands and let them make every single decision. There are some woman who won't do anything with out their husband, have any friends with their husband, or really anything. Be yourself, and don't be afraid.
5. Complaining! I think that's my biggest annoyance I have with the female race. I hear all day long and see all day long everyone complaining. Maybe I should just close my eyes and ears, right? I just hate it when people complain about every detail about life and feel so negative on the outlook on life. If all we focus on is the negative, that's all you're going to see, so just get over whatever is bothering you and do something about it. Maybe, that's too harsh, just be happy, and have a nice day.

Now that I have all of these written down I realize a lot of them seem really cruel and harsh, they are not meant to be that way at all. These are just realizations for my own development. And I have to say, that Chris and I are probably guilty for most of these things at one time or another. We all can stand for room for self improvement and now I know exactly where I can start. I'm sure that I won't be able to "fix" everything, but I know that as I try I can make things better and become a better person.

No comments:

Post a Comment