October 15, 2011

What an end to a trip

Be aware.....this post my seem very confusing!

So, here goes. Brenden and I were originally going to come home on Thursday, but with Chris' having to work last night Brenden and I, well, he's 8 months how can he make a decision like that? Well, I decided that we should stay until Saturday and drive 8 hours to Missoula and spend the night with my grandma and great grandma. I had to remind myself that Brenden and I had a birthday party to get to on Saturday, so that just wouldn't work out. So I thought it would be fun to keep it a secret from Chris that Brenden and I were coming home a day early and leaving on Friday instead.

Let's just say, my great plan didn't really pan out. Brenden and I left early Friday, Yesterday morning and he was doing great. I fed him some bananas and milk on the road and he slept a lot and pooped a lot. For the last almost hour of the trip to Missoula he just screamed. There was really nothing I could do to calm him, so we just had to go go go! We got into Missoula around 2 in the afternoon which was nice. We hung out for a bit, but Brenden was being pretty fussy and pulling at his ears. We went on with out fun afternoon. We had some spaghetti for dinner. Can I say yum. It's been a long time since I've had my grandma's spaghetti. And it was good. After dinner is when Brenden really started to get cranky. He just didn't want to go to sleep even though it was time for bed. Then he proceeded to scream for hours! Not even kidding.

I decided that Brenden and I needed to get home so he could be seen by the doctor. Brenden isn't usually the crying and screaming type of baby so I knew that something was off. So around 9:30 Brenden and I left Missoula, knowing that we had over 4 hours left of driving to do. Yuck! We finally got into Rexburg at 2 this morning and I was pooped and Brenden still didn't feel good, but he did manage to get a little bit of sleep.

We were able to get Brenden in to see his doctor this morning at 10:00, which was okay since Brenden was still sleeping at 9:00. We get him to the doctors office and boy has he grown! 18 lbs. 9 oz. Such a big boy! When the doctor came in we told him that Brenden had been screaming and pulling at his ears and that we were concerned about him having an ear infection in his right ear. The doctor said that he was probably having some pain and that babies pull at their ears in frustration sometimes. Okay, lets hope for that. But with a better look, the doctor noticed a few things that were more than just pain in teething or a belly ache. He looked at Brenden's throat and noticed some inflammation, probably just a viral infection although his breathing was fine. He also noticed that Brenden has an infection in both of his ears. Wow, kid! The first time that you get sick, you really got sick!

The doctor wrote a prescription for Brenden and we were on our way. This poor little baby. Just looking at him you would think that he was a little cranky, but that's it. He is such a trooper. He's really an amazing kid. I just think to myself, how can he be going through all of this and remain so calm and happy. He's so wonderful.

I love him!


1 comment: