October 01, 2011

Lets All Just Be Friends

Fighting Isn’t OK

One day a couple of my friends were fighting about a girl in my grade. They wanted her to like them.

I told them, “Enough, enough!” and pushed them apart. I didn’t want them to hurt each other or stop being friends.

I wasn’t afraid I’d get hurt, but when I separated them, they got mad. “What are you doing in the middle of this?” they asked. I told them to chill out because I wanted them to be friends and Jesus wants us to be kind to each other.

They made up and stopped fighting over the girl.

Alan S., age 11, Argentina

I read this story today and it really hit home for me. It really makes me sad when friends fight. I have been on both sides. I have been that friend stuck in the middle trying to make both sides happy and not really knowing my place in things. I have also been in the position to have to be on a side with no real choice in the matter. It stinks. This has been a great story, and though short, it can still bring those tears, and can be so eye opening.

I know that I can peacefully lay my head down at night because I know that I have made every attempt possible to make things well. I know that I have done nothing well and that all I have is love for all of my friends. There's just this nagging feeling in the back of my mind that there is possible something else I could do. And this is the week that I give it one last go! I'm willing to go to the sky and back because that's what friends are for. The world is full of broken friendships and hatred and I don't want to have any part of that. For that to happen, I need to do everything that's possible. And I know once everything is done at the end of the day I will feel a huge weight lifted and that I will be able to carry on and know that I have done the right thing.

I love my life here in Rexburg, and I love my family and my dear friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment