October 03, 2011

Pumpkin Pancakes

I've been on a pumpkin craze lately. Probably because Thanksgiving is just around the corner and when I think Thanksgiving, I think, Pumpkin. And I mean I think Pumpkin everything! I love pumpkin, I really do. I can't wait to get started on some of these yummy recipes this week. I'm thinking that I might have a pumpkin night tomorrow night. Sounds good to me! Or maybe even tonight. We shall see.

So here's a new recipe that I found.

Pumpkin Pancakes

Ingredients

2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
3 eggs
1 cup Stonyfield Organic Plain Yogurt
3/4 cup Stonyfield Milk
1 cup pumpkin, canned


Directions

In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, baking soda and spices. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs, adding yogurt, milk and pumpkin puree. Mix well. Pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture and stir until just blended. Spoon the batter onto a preheated, oiled griddle, using 1/4 cup batter for each pancake. Cook pancakes slowly over a low-medium heat for approximately 4-6 minutes, flipping after 3 minutes. Yields 12, 4 inch pancakes.


Sounds Yummy, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment