October 25, 2011

Day 3

Your first date

I just have to laugh at this for a minute.

Okay, now I'm ready for a story. Although I do remember my first date very well, I'll go ahead and tell you about my first date with my wonderful husband. I laugh because he thought it was the worst date ever and is very very embarrassed by it. I just thought that it was okay and that it was off because it was his first date in over 2 1/2 years. I wasn't expecting too much from it.

Chris reaction when I told him I was writing a blog story about our first date. "oh, boy!" The look on his face, priceless!

So onto the story....well a few hours before the date actually started. Don't worry, it's good.

I was watching the Dark Knight with a good friend as our date was supposed to started so I sent Chris a text asking if we could postpone an hour or so. After the movie I rushed home so I could start getting ready. Yeah, that's right, to start getting ready. Its a dang good thing it doesn't take me long. The whole time I'm begging my dad not to make my dad make me go on this date, trying to have him make an excuse for me. No go! He told me that I had made a promise to this guy while he was on his mission and that I should stand by it and he wasn't going to be the one to be in the middle of it. He said that if I really wanted to break the date, then I would have to do it myself. Man, way to make a girl feel guilty.

A little background on this promise that I had made Chris while he was on his mission. Chris and I had been writing eachother the last year of his mission. I had luckily started writing him as his girlfriend of over 2 years dear johned him. I guess I was just lucky enough to swoop in and grab him. Well in writing I had promised him a date thinking that he wouldn't have time for me. I mean after his mission he spent 3 months in England with his family and he was only going to be in Seattle for a week before school started up again. I just figured with getting ready for school and seeing all of his other friends that he just wouldn't have the time for me.

Boy was I WRONG!

So we did go on this date. It wasn't horrible as Chris puts it. He took me out to a Thai restaurant. I love Thai, you really have no idea. It was so delicious! After the food we kind of wandered around town for a bit. Everything he had planned had fallen through with all of the snow we were having. You have to understand, it does not snow in Seattle very often. He wanted to do stuff outside, way too cold. We went to go do Glow Golf, it closed 10 minutes before we got there. It was fun to wander around and tell different stories about different places. We ended up going to Cinnabon. I'd never been before. Yes, I am from Washington and had never been to a Cinnabon. According to Chris, it was a sin! We ended our date by him dropping me off at my house, as I open the door, we see my 5 year old little brother streaking across the hallway. Perfect ending to an evening? Well I think so, I love to end an evening with a great laugh.

Although this evening didn't sound super great, I had a lot of fun just getting to know this guy. Sure we got to know each other quite a bit being pen pals on his mission, but going on a date to get to know him was just so much better. Having a just okay evening made me feel really good knowing that he wasn't as perfect as I thought he was. It was so great. It let me know that he's just as weird and self conscious as I am. It made me feel like it could only get better from there. And look at us today, we've been married for over 2 great years and a wonderful, beautiful baby to show for it. Not to bad for a first date I must say.

I love you, Chris.

No comments:

Post a Comment