October 05, 2011

Sharing Time

Today I thought I would share about something that's really important to me and that has lifted me personally over the last few days.

So here goes....

One time....I had a really good friend here in Rexburg and because of rants that I had been making on my blog this person felt like I was taking personal attacks at them. Definitely not the case, but I can understand where the confusion came from. It really put a wrench in the friendship. We had totally stopped talking and interacting for a few months. With General Conference this weekend something just hit me. I knew there was something more that I could try to do. But, it was also the hardest thing that I would have to do. I hate apologies, I'm not any good at them, they make me nervous, and anxious, and scared. They just don't make feel good, that is until I have made the apology.

The morning after I had made this big decision, I read something that just hit me even more and made what I had to do so much more of a necessity.

So here it is....



Oddly enough this is exactly how I felt. I didn't feel like I had done anything wrong, but it was obvious that my feelings weren't the only ones that were hurt. And that I can be sorry for. My husband, as wise as he is, he told me the best way to resolve things and to make things better is to apologize and hope for the best. And that's exactly what I did. I went to go apologize and man I was ever scared. I was shaking the whole entire time, I haven't been that scared since I was a little kid. Long story short, I'm really glad I did. Turns out it was just a huge hormonal misunderstanding. What else with a bunch of girls, right? I'm glad the whole mess is over and super glad that our friends and husbands can be out of the middle of things. It makes me feel so great on the inside.

Life is good!

2 comments:

  1. yay!! thank you for sharing that story!
    so... if that's what apologizing is, what is forgiving?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish it were that easy in my situation. :(

    ReplyDelete