October 11, 2011

Seattle!

On Thursday night Brenden and I braved the trip to Washington on our own without Chris. And let me tell you, it was hard! We didn't leave Rexburg until after 5 in the evening, we hit Missoula around 9:30 and spent sometime with my grandma and great grandma. It was really nice to see them. I'm hoping to stop in on the way back as well. Maybe even spend the night. After leaving Missoula and hitting Ellensburg it started getting hard. I was wiped out at this point, but I knew that I only had and hour and a half left. I knew I could make it. And I did, it was rough and as soon as I got to Maple Valley, I crashed, and I crashed hard. Even though I only got to sleep for 2 hours, it was much needed and helped so much.

Now to the good stuff, what we've done since then. Brenden and I have taken this trip to hang out with family and to take it easy and its been so nice. I haven't really seen any friends, so far its been all about family. On Friday we just hung out at home and had a family dinner all together that night. Its been far too long since I was able to do that.

Saturday was probably our most exciting day. My little brother, Austin had his first big school dance. His first homecoming experience. His girlfriend came over early in the afternoon so my mom and I could do her hair and make up. Make up....piece of cake! The hair, not so much. It was pretty easy, but this girl has a lot of hair and its long. It probably took us 2 hours just to curl her hair and we doused her head with hairspray. I wouldn't be too surprised if she's still washing out all of the hairspray. They looked so great! They got dressed and headed to dinner. They went to Claim Jumper for dinner, so jealous. And it sounds like they had a good time.

Sunday Brenden and I were able to go to church and see lots of friends. We came home and my Uncle Jason and cousin, Garrett came over. It was a lot of fun to be able to see them, I was a little sad my uncle's girlfriend, PeriAnn wasn't there, but hopefully we'll be able to see her later this week.

Last night, Brenden and I made a drive out to Puyallup to have dinner with my brother, Adam, his girlfriend, Rachel, and their baby, Rylan. Rylan has grown so much since the last time that I saw her in April. She is just so cute. She slept through most of dinner, but when she woke up she was ready to play with Brenden. They were so cute together. Brenden loves to play with other babies. I've got some pictures from our week thus far that I'll have to post soon.

Until then. Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment