September 05, 2011

Muffins at 1am!

What in the world am I doing awake you may ask?? Well, its 1:30 in the morning and this mama just can't seem to get to sleep. My sleep schedule has been all wacky this summer and the past week or so I can't seem to get to bed before 2am! Seriously? This is madness. And its not like I sleep in either. I'm usually up and going before 9 in the morning. Sure this may sound like sleeping in, but going to bed at 2am, not so much.

So what am I up to tonight? Catching up on everyone's blog that I've missed, figuring out couponing for in the morning, and baking some yummy smelling wheat blueberry muffins. Chris brought home some blueberries the other day, he wanted some blueberry pancakes yesterday morning. And by the way, they were pretty yummy!

We invited over the usual, Mike and Melanie for breakfast. We also invited our new friends, Paul and Jess. They're pretty awesome. They're this newly wed couple who just got married last month and just moved into their first apartment together on Friday. We met them over at Mike and Melanie's on Friday and played some games with them. I thought for being so newly wedded that they just fit in with the rest of us just perfectly. They weren't that typical newly married couple that you can tell are newly weds. What a relief. We might have to hang out with them while Mike and Melanie head back east in a few weeks. The thought had crossed my mind that maybe I should go home to Seattle for a few days with Brenden, I just don't know. We shall see.

I was seriously thinking about it until tonight. We were planning on me going out in a few weeks because we weren't sure when we'd make it back out to Washington since Chris' family will be out here for Christmas. Sorry, Mom! But now it sounds like they'll either be traveling, or in Seattle themselves, so we may just be in Washington for Christmas this year. That would be happy. Hopefully Chris' family figures out their plans soon so I can make some plans.

Well that's all for now, muffins are about ready to come out!

No comments:

Post a Comment