August 21, 2011

The Simple Things in Life



Oh ok, Go time!!!

Its been awhile since I've blogged. Well almost 2 weeks with out blogging for me is a long time. Chris and I have been with internet for the last couple of weeks. I'm not really sure what the deal is. Definitely a bad internet connection. Apparently a lot of exposed wires being the connection is a seriously bad thing. When it comes to that kind of thing, I really do know nothing at all. I know when internet works and when its not, and honestly thats about it. When I need help, I ask. That's all I really need to know, I really don't want to know much else about it, I have no desire.

Now on to the rest of our lives. Where to begin, I don't even know where I left off.

Lets start off with Chris. Still working. That's a constant in our lives that I'm sure we're all extremely grateful for. Chris loves his job and really loves the people he works with. He has a really friendly sales competition with all of his co-workers in the wireless department. They try to see who can sell the most cell phones in a month. Chris used to beat everyone out every month, but now that they've hired new people on who actually work at it, he's actually having to work at it. The only time I step in and say something about it is when Chris comes home all upset because he didn't sell anything. I know that it has nothing to do with the competition. I think it just makes him feel good when he sells something.

Chris is starting to prepare to go back to school. Sad. Its been so nice going on vacation and just having him home and hanging out with him and Brenden. Once he starts school again, the time that we'll be able to spend together will be significant less. I realize that its just what has to happen, but I will not be making any promises that I'll actually like it. Chris is going to be re-taking a few classes this semester. The semester Brenden was born a few of Chris' classes didn't go too well, and he will be taking them over again this semester. So since he's taken them before that means he;ll just fly through everything and we'll get to spend a ton of time together, right?

This week Chris and our friend, Mike spent some time staining our chairs. They look awesome. They look so much better and match our table really well now. I'm really impressed. And to top it off it really didn't take them very long. Chris also worked on some other projects this week. We have a chest with doors that we inherited from Chris' family. The hinges on the doors weren't doing super well. Chris decided he wanted to replace the hinges. He was done in no time! Good as new. His next project was to fix my side of our dinky little closet. The whole rod fell down earlier last week. I had to pile all of my clothes into Brenden's pack and play and search through my clothes every day. The rod just needed new flanges. So we got that done and got my clothes back up. It feels so nice. I also went through my clothes and now there is no chance of this rod falling down. :)



Brenden! I love this little baby. I really can not say that enough or give him enough little baby kisses! Brenden is doing so well in his walker. I decided to put it in the kitchen one day and he was all over the place. He loved it. He is just too cute. He also started to crawl. He doesn't go very far yet, but he's getting there. It makes me so excited and so nervous at the same time. I'm excited because he's developing and growing so well, but it makes me nervous because now I know that I can't take my eye off of him for a minute! It'll be fun. Hopefully I'll be able to take him outside this week and get him to play in the grass. So far he has shown a major dislike for the grass. A little sad since I love laying in the grass.




Brenden has officially moved on into his 3-6 month clothing. I decided since he was 6 months old that he needs to be at least into 3-6 month clothing, even if some of it is a little too big. Brenden has also started to eat some more solid foods. He's eating those little gerber puffs, tons of flavors and yummy. He's eating cherios, and had some rice with us the other night. He is just getting to big too fast. We tried to give him a ritz cracker last week, but he just gummed it until it was soggy. Talk about gross!






And Me! Nothing much is new with me other than having a little bit of a tummy bug this morning. Not really sure what it was. Maybe something that I ate yesterday. I was fine by mid-afternoon today. 

All I've really been doing is working on a few small projects, with a growing and a baby wanting to be entertained all of the time, small projects are really all I can do. So here goes!


This is the very, very beginning of a t-shirt quilt that I started this week. I've only gotten a few squares done so far. I started this project so I would know what I was doing when explaining it for other people. I have had a few people ask me the last couple weeks about making t-shirt quilts, I've never actually made one, but the pattern I picked out was pretty simple and will fit for any size t-shirt and multiple sizes. I'll keep you posted on how it goes.


2 projects in 1 photo? SCORE! The pillow behind Brenden I finished a few weeks ago. I just didn't remember if I had posted a photo or not. So here it is! And my favorite is Brenden's Tag Rag. He loves this thing as you can see. Chris tells me that when he took Brenden to Church today it was his favorite toy. That makes me so happy that I can make something so effortlessly and have my little boy love it so much.

More pictures to come!




No comments:

Post a Comment