August 08, 2011

Life as I Know it

I love Brenden so much. He has been so happy this week. Other than not being able to sleep through the night. I'm not totally sure what the problem is. He just started this about a week ago where he'll wake up anywhere from 2:30-4:30 in the morning. Totally out of his routine. I don't know if its him teething, if he's just not getting enough food before we put him to bed, or maybe he hears the little boy downstairs, it sounds like he's been waking up in the middle of the night too. The only thing I can think of is it sounds like they've been letting him cry it out until he falls asleep. Maybe Brenden can hear him and it wakes him up. I really don't know. I just want to get this little guy back onto his schedule. We fed him some plums tonight right before we laid him down for bed along with his bottle hoping that he'll return to sleeping through the night.

On other news, Brenden has got his 6-month appointment in the morning. He'll get his normal check up, a weight check, and height check, making sure he's developing normally compared to all of the other babies out there, and he also has to get some shots. I don't really worry about shots with this one. Brenden is fantastic when it comes to shots. He cries when they give him the shots, totally to be expected, they're sticking him with needles. But after they bandage his poor little legs up, he is a happy camper. We usually come home and he'll take a good long nap, and he's back to being his happy self. Gotta love it.

We've also got some pretty good friends coming over for dinner tomorrow night. I'm makign some tasty lasagna. I'll have to skip out for a few minutes so I can take Brenden to get his 6-month pictures taken. Our downstairs neighbor, who just also happens to be my wonderful visiting teacher, Lacey. I'm pretty excited. I just got his 3-month pictures in the mail the other day from my wonderful mother-in-law. She's seriously the greatest! Love her! She has hinted at maybe coming out sometime this month, I really hope that she does. I think it would be fun to hang out even if it is only for a few days, and I know she would love to come see Brenden. Skype just doesn't cut it with this little boy, he is all over the place.

For now, I have a stud of a husband whose home for the evening, so we're going to figure out something to do. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment