August 11, 2011

As of Latly

Life has been so busy lately and frankly just chaotic!! Brenden has been a trooper through out everything. Brenden has his 6-month doctor's appointment this week and he did so well. He got some shots, of course he screamed because some strangers was stabbing him with a needle a couple times. As soon as we picked him up to hold him he was back to being his happy self. We came home and Brenden was able to nap for a few hours. He sleeps a lot after seeing the doctor. Its pretty great! He is just so darn cute. I love this little guy.

The funniest thing happened yesterday. Brenden has been blowing bubble a lot lately. Its really the cutest thing I've ever seen, mostly because he thinks its so funny. Anyways, he was blowing bubbles and he blew this very huge 3-bubble bubble. Massive thing. Chris and I were so impressed. We were both really excited and tried to congratulate and praise Brenden, but it scared him. He cried for about 15 minutes. And it was so hard not to laugh. You feel bad because you scare this little child, but it's so funny because he got so scared over something so silly. It just made my day.

Also yesterday, I was able to pamper myself a little bit. For my birthday, back in February my in-laws got me a gift card for one of the spas here in Rexburg. I actually got some time to schedule an appointment. I really just wanted a pedicure. I love getting pedicures, which is probable why Chris is always the one to do my toes at home. I went in and it was fabulous! The waiting room was super nice and they had some really cool refreshments and everything was so calming. They walked me down for the pedicure and got me some more refreshments, and a warm neck wrap. This was all before the pedicure. The pedicure was also nice, a relaxing foot bath, tons of lotion, and the best looking toes around! It was just so nice to be able to get out of the house on my own and have some me time. I really forgot what that was like. I think the only other time I've had that since Brenden was to go get a haircut. Very much needed and appreciated.

Chris is still working at Sam's Club and really likes it for the most part. He loves selling cell phones and can get quite competitive about it with his co-workers. I'm just super glad that he has fun with it. He's got a good set of managers now and has co-workers that are reliable. We couldn't really ask for more.

Brenden is doing great also. When we went in for his doctors appointment on Tuesday he weighed in at 13.9 lbs and was 26 inches long. He's only in the 2 percentile for weight, but he's in the 31 percentile for height, which the doctors say accounts for the low percentile for weight. He is a growing boy! He has gained almost a pound in the last 3 weeks. Its pretty great. He is doing so well now. I'm really glad that he's gaining weight.

This is our family and this is the deepest love that I can have.

No comments:

Post a Comment