August 12, 2011

I'm Guilty

I'm starting to realize that I can be a bit of a hypocrit at times. I write and blog and complain about things that both me. And for most of it I'm guilty of doing the things that I'm complaining about. Does that make me a bad person? To be so against something and to complain about things that I myself am still doing. Sure I'm not guilty of all of the little things that I complain about, but I think given the opportunity, I would be.

When complaining about things that have bothered me about pregnancy, I'm pretty sure I've probably done some of those things. I know I have asked about baby names and how far along people are, I have definitely touched those pregnant bellies. Why would I be so against it then you may ask? Opinions, that's what it comes down to. Just because something bothers me does not mean that it is wrong. That's the message for today.

TSA! Just because I'm bothered by the negativity and self righteousness does not mean that it is wrong. Confrontation and negativity has always bothered me, since I was little, but that doesn't make it wrong. It can be a good thing of course. We need negativity in the world for balance, so that we can know the difference between good and bad.

I also have written about being peeved when people think they are so much better. Now that I have time to mole over it. It does really bother me, but I realize that most people are just being proud of things that they know and things that they have accomplished. I'm realizing that I do the same thing. Especially since Brenden has been born. I guess when it comes down to it, it all has to do with tact.

This is going to be my last example, but I think it'll get my though across. I wrote awhile back about smart phones. People being on smart phones does bother me, but now I realize that I would be doing the same thing. I realize the pull and the coolness of everything, but I think that people need to realize that it can't be a way of life, if we were all on our phones that often, we would all pretty much be robots. Maybe it was a one time thing, I really don't know.

I need everyone to know and to realize that the way I feel about these things are in the moment, I don't hold grudges, I don't think anyone is a bad person if you just so happen to fall into this category, these are just my opinions, and I am also guilty of some of these things. I have the right to write about these things and to rant about things, but I know when apologies are needed. I can admit when I am wrong. I have learned over the years that it is much easier to give up and apologize than it is to hold a grudge and be angry. And hey, it also makes you feel better. I realize that not every time that I apologize that it is the magical band aid, but it will help heal wounds. I have had to learn how to apologize and I know that now I am quite good at it.


1 comment:

  1. I'm sure I've told you this plenty of times, but you inspire me. Sure there may be some things you think about and get irritated by, but as you see it in yourself and change that then that makes you all the better of a person! I think you are so sweet and kind and I just love talking to you whenever I get the chance! I can't wait until the next time I will get to see you (whenever that may be)!

    ReplyDelete