June 11, 2012

Love Dr. Jones!

I seriously have the best doctor in the world! Thank you, friends for recommending his office. The nurses in the office are all so sweet and wonderful and they are able to get me in to see the doctor so quickly. I hardly ever have to wait in the waiting room at all. The best part, Dr. Jones never ever tells me that everything I go through being pregnant is normal! That was my one and only pet peeve with Brenden. Everytime I would go into the office to see the midwives, I would ask questions of concern with it being my first pregnancy and they would tell me everything I was going through was completely normal and that everyone else being pregnant went through exactly the same thing. Not true! That's what made it worse, I just felt like I was being lied to all of the time and finally started going to other people that had been pregnant before asking my questions. And the response was always, no, I've never experienced that before or yes, I have experienced that, but its not normal. I knew my body enough to know that everything I was asking about was not normal and really didn't appreciate not being validated for my feelings. I really felt like the questions I was asking were silly and that I shouldn't ask any more. I was very wrong and being hormonal during pregnancy I was outraged that a medical professional would treat someone that way. And it is because of that experience that I decided to look else where for my prenatal care with this little baby. I'm so glad that we found Dr. Jones' office. We switched Brenden over to his care just because we liked him so much. We go into the office every few weeks and voice any concerns that we may have and I always walk out feeling so relieved and validated for my concerns. I'm always told that if anything arises with my concerns not to wait for my next appointment, but to come in right away. I'm always told that I'm the model pregnancy because my numbers are always so great! My uterus measurements are always right on at every appointment, no morning sickness, fatigue, nausea or anything like that. I have gained exactly 14 lbs. this pregnancy which is about 1/2 a lb. each week which is perfect! My blood pressure is right on. My kidneys leak some protein, but it's okay to leak a little. My baby's heartbeat is always between 150-160 bpm, which is just lovely. And today, I was so worried about not passing my blood glucose test. I figured I wouldn't pass and would be stuck with gestational diabetes. Which would royally suck! But I was very lucky, they wanted me to test under 140, and I got a 103! Awesome! That made me feel so great to know that I'm taking such great care of this little baby and that she's growing so well!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you like your Dr. It is so important to really feel like they care. Yeah!

    ReplyDelete