January 30, 2012

More Pregnancy Updates!

I had my first doctor's appointment last Tuesday!! I thought about going back to Season's medical, but the experience I had with one of the midwives through Seasons, I just decided it would probably be better to see a different doctor all together. I had been hearing so many wonderful things about Dr. Jones in town. I have not one, not two, but three really good friends that had said some amazing things about this doctor, and were they right!

I went into my appointment and had to have all of the routine womanly tests. Including some pregnancy blood screening tests, not a bog deal at all. The nurses in the office are all great, and Dr. Jones is both friendly and lets me know everything I need to know even if I don't think to ask. Its wonderful! They also had an intern there that day, and it was kind of cool to be part of his learning experience.

Everything turned out to be perfectly fine, other than we couldn't nail down an exact due date. I just couldn't remember when my last period was. With the holidays and just everything going on it just totally slipped my mind. So what did they do? They scheduled me for an early ultrasound! I was totally thrilled. They scheduled it for the very next day, Chris was able to make it which was fun for us.

We learned a lot about the uterus. The Ultrasound Tech was very helpful and told us what everything was and what was going on. And based on the ultrasound, I'm 9 weeks, and 2 days along with a due date of September 1st. During the ultrasound, we also got to see the baby's heartbeat, which was around 165 bpm. Which was astounding for me! Brenden's heartbeat was always around 130-140 bpm. So a heartbeat of 165 I just didn't know what to think.

I have heard that little girl's heartbeats beat fast than little boys heartbeats, so here's to hoping. I know, I know, I would really be happy with whatever pops out in 9 months. I admit that having a girl would just be a dream come true, to have a little mini me, to be able to shop for all of the cute baby clothes, the little girl bows, to play dress up everyday. But on the other hand, it would just be more convenient to have a boy. We already have all of the little boy things, and hey, I've already done that! Haha. Either way both Chris and I can hardly wait to invite another little angel into our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment