January 31, 2012

Blessings

The best thing about this pregnancy, you ask? NO MORNING SICKNESS!!! Sure, I've got some nausea from time to time, actually more often this week, but I'm not glued to a toilet for 4 months! It feels great to be able to get out and do things. Brenden's got 4 playdates every week, and if I had morning sickness, those would not be happening. I'm feeling so blessed in life right now, I'm kind of regretting my decision not to tell people about this pregnancy. I just feel like I don't have anyone to talk about my excitement with. That was until this last week. Chris and I decided it was okay to tell people that we see frequently. It wouuld be hard not to and I think they would have caught on pretty soon.

So on Friday Chris and I threw a Scentsy party for our friends, Melanie and Jess. Afterwards, we hung out with Mike and Melanie, and Paul and Jess. Mike and Melanie have known as long as we have about this pregnancy. They knew before our parents did! Heck, Mike knew before I did! Well Paul and Jess had no idea. So all evening I kept dropping hints about pregnancy and we kept deferring the conversation back to pregnancy and birth. I think Jess finally caught on when Chris and I decided it was time to let them in on our little secret.

Here are some of my hints:

Jess had mentioned that they will probably start trying to have a baby after this semester is over. She asked if Chris and I were wanting to try and have another baby. I of course said yes. She said, hey, maybe we can be pregnant together. I responded, only if you're pregnant now. Haha. Nothing!

Melanie was talking about dollar store pregnancy tests and if they really worked. I mentioned something about taking one and we'd really know. Haha. Nada.

These are just my most memorable hints, I was dropping hints all night long!

I'm so glad I have a few people to talk to. My favorite it actually this girl in my ward. Her little one, Aria is about a month older than Brenden. They're both at the same stages though, which is great. We were in the foyer with them during sacrament on Sunday and they were just having so much fun, crawling after each other, banging on the walls and doors. Laughing at each other. I thought it was hilarious. And then we found out that we have the same due date! Small world, right? Now, I'm thinking, its just too many commonalities not to be friends.

I'm so grateful to be pregnant with another little angel and to feel the love and support of all of our family and friends who have been let in on the secret. And for those of you who have to wait to find out, we still love you, you're just too kind to keep our secret. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment