December 02, 2011

Updates!

Life has been keeping us crazy busy lately. Chris has been going to school and working a ton, same ole same ole, right? And me, well between Brenden and Christmas projects I have been having the time of my life staying busy. This last week, I have been able to make so many things. I made a tree skirt, a Christmas quilt, and numerous Christmas presents for family.

The first part of the week I was going back and forth between feeling really awfully sick and just feeling okay. Not fun at all. Especially with Brenden. I was sick on Sunday and felt a little better on Monday and Tuesday, but Wednesday morning rolled around and I felt so horrible. And for the most part it was just Brenden and I. I set up a heap of blankets on the floor in the living room and just let him go, while I was half way asleep for most of the morning and early afternoon. I started feeling a lot better mid-afternoon and we had our good friends, Mike and Melanie over for Psych. We usually have more people over for our Psych nights, but I just wasn't feeling up to it.

Big news!!! For Black Friday Chris bought me a chest freezer! I have been wanting one for almost 2 years now and I finally got one. We got it for a steel! Its a 7 cubic foot chest freezer, made by GE and we got it for $150. Which if you don't know is pretty dang incredible. For now its being set up in our bedroom until we can find a more permanent spot for it. I really want to put it outside in our storage shed. What needs to happen is for us to organize that closet and put shelves in there so we can fit it in there. Christmas project for my father-in-law maybe? I'm really hoping so. When they come to visit Chris' dad is always looking for projects to work on and we hardly ever have one for him, so this year we've been saving it just for him! I hope he likes it. So back to our chest freezer. Yesterday, Chris and I went grocery shopping to fill it up, and I feel so wonderful. If Rexburg has a blizzard and we get stuck for days, we are set! And, everyone is welcome, seriously. Although, if we lose power that would stink.

Chris and I were able to really decorate for Christmas this week and I am getting so excited! This holiday we get to see all of our family!! Its wonderful. Last year, we were stuck in Rexburg mostly because I was 9 months pregnant with Brenden, but also because Chris couldn't get anytime off. And our families didn't come out because Brenden was going to be here in the next month anyways and they all wanted to come out then. So it was just Chris and I in Rexburg. It was okay, but definitely not ideal. This year will be so much better. I'm excited to see everyone and exchange some awesome gifts.

For now, I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment