December 06, 2011

Poor Sick Brenden

As many of you know, Brenden has been sick over the last few days and it sure has been hard on this mommy! I just haven't really been able to get anything done and I am so exhausted! It all started Sunday morning. Brenden had a temperature that was a little high, but we weren't too concerned about it because it was only high by 1 degree and babies temperatures tend to fluctuate. So we just kind of continued on with our day. We knew he had been teething, so we just kind of blamed it on that. We had a relaxing morning with Brenden and had some fun and fed him, and gave him a bath, made him take a nap before we went to church, and life was great.

We got home from church and fed Brenden again, everything still seemed to be fine. Chris and I combined efforts and made us and our friends, Mike and Melanie some dinner. It was yummy. We had some roasted chicken and carrotts, and Mike made us some delicious steak fries. Our last meal! Ha. Well, back to Brenden, we let him go to bed early since on Sundays his nap schedule gets so thrown off with afternoon church.

Then, Monday rolled around and it seemed to get much worse over night. And to add to it, Chris and I started a cleanse on Monday, and as the day droned on, both of us had less and less energy. Suck! I pretty much slept the morning away being sick myself, Chris got home from school early afternoon and I was about to go out and hit a few stores for last minute shopping for our gingerbread night. I decided before I went that I should take Brenden's temperature again. 101.4! Now, that was something to be a little concerned about. So I got on the phone with our doctor's office and we had an appointment in the next 10 minutes. I love how fast our doctor's office is to get us in. Its very important that when I have a sick baby I can count on our doctor's to see us almost immediately.

We went in to the doctor and Brenden's temperature had risen another degree! Yikes! Poor little kiddo. I felt so bad for him. We had him check out, he had a rash, a high fever, onset of a few more ear infection, coughing, sneezing, and 4 teeth coming in at once! I'm so proud to be his mommy. Mostly because he doesn't wine and cry and complain a lot. He's been really clingy and wanting to be held the whole time, but hey, its to be expected, and I LOVE it! I hate that he's so sick and in pain, but I love this little snuggle bug. I just can't get enough of it this week. There really is nothing better than a little snuggler.

No comments:

Post a Comment