December 11, 2011

Mommyhood

First off, its been a long week with Brenden being sick. Lets just say I have not been able to accomplish much of anything so I feel like a bum. Although yesterday I managed to finish our advent calendar, a scarf, and start on another scarf. I felt pretty accomplished.

I just feel so bad for Brenden. He spent most of yesterday screaming and just not feeling well at all. His naps were definitely at a minimum. He woke up late last night trying to scream, but after screaming all yesterday, he just didn't have any voice to really get anything out. This teething 4 teeth and being sick is just kicking his bum. He's just not really getting any better and now I'm pretty sure his ears are infected. I just don't know what to do for him. Do I take him back into the doctors tomorrow, do I actually fill this new antibiotic prescription, do I wait it out. I just have no idea. But I think we're going to start by filling this prescription and we'll go from there.

Sometime I just wish that I had that awesome mother's intuition where I knew exactly what to do every time a problem cropped up. Am I wrong in thinking that that should be instinctual or is it something that is obtained over time from wisdom and experience. I just don't know, I wish I knew, but I'm glad for the wisdom I've got. I'm glad I know when something is wrong and when its time to take this little guy to the the doctor. Sure, sometimes I take him to the doctor and its really nothing, but for the most part our doctors have validated me and told me exactly what's wrong with him, and that makes me feel great!

I'm grateful to be a mommy to such a great kid that can tell me when something is wrong and is happy even when he's not feeling that great. I love Brenden so much, he brightens my everyday.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry your little guy is sick! That is tough! I know exactly how it is! As far as motherly intuition... I think that some of it does come over time, but as far as the rest... knowing when to take him to the doctor to let them help is a part too. Hope he gets to feeling better!

    ReplyDelete