May 03, 2012

15 months old?

Brenden is 15 months old today! I just can't believe that much time has gone by since we brought this tiny guy home from the hospital! Now he's venturing into being a toddler, is over 30 inches tall and almost 23 lbs! Yeah, that's right. After 6 months of not gaining any weight at all and actually losing half a pound, Brenden has put on almost 3 lbs. this month! He is a growing boy! Now if I can just get him to start walking on his own. I know, I know, everyone tells me that he'll walk on his own when he's ready. You try carrying a baby at almost 23 weeks and add a 23 lb. toddler to that. Its not a joyous adventure to go anywhere anymore mostly because I dread lifting him up. Its not so much the carrying him around part because I only carry him in short bursts, but mostly its just having to lift him up from the floor. Being pregnant its hard to get up from the floor, let alone trying to do it with that extra weight of Brenden. I just have to gloat for a minute about how smart my little boy is. Brenden is absolutely wonderful, he's been picking up so many things left and right. I just have no idea how the kid does it. Maybe he's just known all along and has decided to share his knowledge with us now. Haha. Over the past week or so he has shown us so many little baby signs that he knows. Its great. And he says the words with the signs, so I really know he knows what he's talking about. He knows, more, all done, fish, milk, play, outside, game, book, and goodnight. I'm impressed that he knows so many at such a young age, but with both Chris and I having years of training in sign language and using it day to day when we teach Brenden, he has caught on really fast. I'm excited to see how he grows and the many more signs that he learns. Maybe I'll have to learn some with them. When it comes to communicating in sign, it comes almost second nature to me, but when it comes to a specific word, I almost feel put on the spot and have to think about it and sometimes even look it up. I love watching Brenden learn and grow and know that I have played an enormous part of that. And that is why I love being a stay at home mommy. And I love being able to play with him everyday. He has turned into this fun little boy. He loves to play and laugh all day long. He loves playing with all of his toys, especially if you play with him and he's already such a great sharer, we'll see if this lasts, hopefully he shares well with his new baby sister. Brenden is just so full of life! He's always in a good mood, even when he's teething these pesky molars. I'm so proud of my little man, Happy quarter Birthday handsome!

1 comment:

  1. My goodness he is a smart little cookie! I can't blame you with the walking thing, that would be tough! It's fun to read about all his achievements!

    ReplyDelete