March 13, 2012

Gah!

I'm only blogging about this because I'm so irritated. I'm not naming names not because I don't want to embarrass people, but because I think its not very considerate to do so. I don't rant and rave and be angry on Facebook so I go angry in my posts here just so I can get it out somewhere. It really makes me feel better.

Today I had this experience with a friend that made me just furious. I had some friends ask me if I wanted to go to the timeout for women convention in Idaho Falls. I said yes, thinking I could just buy my own ticket. A few weeks ago this friend asked me if I still wanted to go, after having bought group tickets the month before. I said that I still wanted to go and they said I could pay them and how much it was. I emailed them this morning saying that I wouldn't be able to make it this weekend and that we could work together to find someone. I got this rude email back saying that it was my responsibility and that I still needed to pay. I was totally okay with finding someone to replace me, I just think I was hurt and offended the way it came across and I didn't know how to respond. I took a few hours to respond because I didn't want to respond when I was angry because that's always a bad idea at least for me. I didn't know if I was so upset because I was supposed to be or because I'm pregnant. Dang these pregnancy hormones. The emails just kept getting worse and I just kept getting more and more hurt. Good news is that I did find someone to take my ticket. I sent this friend an apology hoping to feel better even though I didn't think I did anything wrong. There's just something about apologies that make me feel better even if they're not accepted. I didn't think I should have to pay for something I wasn't partaking in, but I had no problem helping out to find a replacement. I don't think I'll ever hear or see an apology, but I don't really care, that's not what its about. It's about doing the right thing for me and feeling good about it.

And my rant is over! Thanks for listening or you know, reading.
Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

No comments:

Post a Comment