March 21, 2012

16 weeks doctors appointment

Yep, that's right! I had our 16 weeks doctors appointment this week. Originally it wasn't going to be until today, but Brenden got me super sick over the weekend and it was just getting worse so I called my doctor's office on Monday morning and they happened to have an opening that afternoon. Great! We went in and my blood pressure was great for being so sick. Last time I went in it was a little high, but we contributed that to having a stomach flu for days before. But this time I was happy that everything was fine. They also needed to draw some blood to test for birthing abnormalities. I'm not too worried about it, you'd think that if something were to come up it would have shown up while I was pregnant with Brenden, but hey, you never know.

Our doctor came in and did our sonogram, heart beat is still right around 160 bpm. This babies heart beat is so fast!! Brenden's heart beat was always around 130 bpm. So maybe its a girl, I have heard that baby girls heart beats are faster, but we'll see. Speaking of gender, we get to find that out next week!!!! We asked our doctor about it when we went in this week and he said that it is a little early, but since we'll be out of town most of next month that he'll do it. He said for insurance reason he would need to have a specific medical reason to put on the order. So he said that he would say he had concerns of a subchorionic hemorrhage on there. Basically what happens is blood can gather between the placenta and the uterus, in more severe cases causing the placenta to tear away from the uterus. I'm not really concerned about it, it sounds like our doctor needs something to check out during the ultrasound.

I'm just excited to find out, I can finally start making baby stuff!! Burp cloths, bibs, blankets, clothes, and so much more! That's the really fun part about being pregnant. That and once we know gender, we'll be sharing our news with everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment