October 07, 2012

General Conference

General Conference was so amazing this weekend. Usually I find myself happy about General Conference when it comes, but this time I found myself preparing the whole week before and just getting so excited about listening to conference, making conference breakfast, enjoying time with friends and family, and just loving every thought of it. Earlier this week I had found some print outs to print out to take notes for Brenden and I. I was just so excited. I got them printed out the night before and Saturday morning came and I sat in front of the television just waiting for conference to start. During afternoon session on Saturday Brenden got to color the nursery packet I had printed out for him. So fun! I hope he really enjoyed conference, in fact, I'm sure he did. 

This morning we had big plans. Part of this plan did not include being up half the night with our children, but that's life and Chris and I have made it through. We have had one of the best days today. I just feel so very blessed to live in an area that broadcasts conference over the local channels so that we can enjoy the time at home together. Chris and I woke up this morning, so tired, and we got started on our delicious breakfast! We had pumpkin pancakes, bacon ends, hash browns, orange juice, and Mike and Melanie joined us and brought over some cantaloupe. It was so yummy!

I took some pictures of our fabulous morning that we so enjoyed, so I hope you can get a sense of our great morning and it'll kind of be like you were here with us!

 Melanie: "Brenden, we will snuggle, and you will like it!" I'm not sure he liked it, but he sure did snuggle.
 Melanie: "Brenden, we will snuggle, and you will fall asleep." Done!
 This is how Aria decided to enjoy conference this morning. Fine by me, I got a lot more out of it that way anyways.
 My dear, dear husband trying to hide that he's playing games during conference.
 Brenden waking up during conference being a silly little cute boy.
 Mom, I want your camera.
 And, you don't know it, but Imma get it.
 Sneak Attack!
 Here I come!
 I'm gonna act all cute now that I'm up here for the camera.
 And I got it!
 Time to snuggle with mom.
 I love this one if you couldn't tell.
 When Chris takes pictures, we get some nasty red eye.
 Chris taking some more pictures. Brenden is such a little ham.
 I say time for crazy faces!
 Chris says its time for crazy faces. Now if we could have only been thinking the same thing at the same time.
 Brenden eating another pumpkin pancake.
 And more..
 We have a cute little family. Aria was sleeping and we didn't want to wake her.
 She really likes her sleep.
 Her car seat canopy set came yesterday and Chris checked the mail today and I set it up between sessions.
Now try to ask me if it's a girl!

1 comment: