August 22, 2012

Countdown: 1 week, 3 days

It just keeps getting closer and closer and each passing day just seems to be getting shorter and shorter and I keep thinking to myself, am I ready for this? Am I ready to bring a new born baby into this mess of packing I have made? I just don't know. I'm just really nervous that she will come before I have finished the declutter stage of packing. Ack! I need some longer days and a much needed babysitter for Brenden! I am going to crazy. But, I can say that the hospital bag is officially packed! Yes! But, sadly I will have to pack a bag for Brenden, I'm sure that will be much easier though.

I had my 38-week appointment with Dr. Jones today. As with all of my other appointments, it went super well. My non-stress test was a success with no contractions yet and a very active baby. I had no blood, glucose, or protein in my urine. I've past that stage in pregnancy where I am no longer gaining weight, my blood pressure was right on, and I have no swelling. Things couldn't be going any easier and better. I was checked for dilation and am dilated to 1 cm, which is good progress, we'll see how far I can dilate before the next appointment. I also had my membranes swept this morning, no progress yet, but I have hope.

Starting Saturday, if I want I can be induced. Which frankly is the last thing that I want. Maybe, if my mom was going to be in town on a set date before the due date I would consider it, but that's not the case. My mom probably won't be coming down until Labor Day weekend, which I'm hoping baby will be here by then.

So, that's our fun little update on baby. Hope you enjoyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment