July 21, 2010

Escapades in St. Louis!

Ahhhh!!!! This is the life! You know, going to bed early just because we're married. Weird, getting married is like vowing you will forever more be drowsy after 9 at night. I used to love being young, well of course, I still am, but I used to love staying up late fitting in everything I possibly could in that 24 hour period, going to bed super late and being able to wake with all the farm animals. Now I'm lucky if I can stay awake for those Friday night movies. Yeah, I'm the one asleep on couch before the previews even start. But you've got to love it!!!

Well today was was mommy daughter day with my mother-in-law. Best day ever! Love her! We went to down town St. Louis and had lunch at Lemp Mansion. Its on the10 most haunted houses in the U.S. list. Apparently it was owned By a Adam Lemp who came to America in the early 1900's to be a grocer. He owned his own store and started making his own ale to sell in his store. The Ale was turning out to be a better profit than the store. He then started his own Beer company. He died and left the company to his son William, who renovated the house for offices for the Lemp Brewery. In 1904, William Lemp committed suicide by shooting himself in the head in the upper room. William would not be the last Lemp to commit suicide. There would be 3 others, ending in the 1940's. The brewery went to the Bank. The last Lemp to live was Edwin Lemp, his life was service to others, and upon his death his orders were to destroy his art collection and his family heirlooms. This place wasn't very creepy, but it was a lot of fun to go and have lunch together. As we opened the front door it even had that creeky sound. It was really cool.And apparently they have murder mystery dinners there. Definitely want to go to one of those!!!!

After lunch at the haunted mansion, we went antiquing for a few hours. Man, we found some crazy things. Some really cool things, and some really really ugly things. Ha ha. But it was really hot outside so decided to call it a day, especially since a lot of the shops were closed. Went to go get ice cream in town, but the Ben and Jerry's in town went out of business. Someone please tell me how an ice cream place goes out of business. I admit not everyone has those baby cravings, but come on its summer time and ice cream, its like me and my right thumb, can't have one with out the other, or it just hurts!

2 comments:

  1. So... I'm not married... not even dating anyone right now, but I seriously must be old... cause 9 rolls around and I'm trying hard to stay awake! HAHA! Also, when I want to go to bed it takes forever to fall asleep... I want to sleep and can't... I say I'm insomniac! HAHA! Love you Sadie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you! And I'm not sure the 9pm thing is a married thing. I think it's just in our family. Were cursed with early bed times. Hahaha Love You!

    ReplyDelete